Thoughts about and around Star Citizen: Around The Verse 3.5 - UK

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Cargo: while I'm pretty excited about the Cargo demo, I don't see the point carrying a small cargo box through city or marketplace or the like. At least there should be a carrying robot or something like this.
Did I understood that right that the big cargo boxes automatically spawn in your cargo room?

Rover: I understand the issues the team had when constructing the Rover, to make it fit into the Connie. Still - and this may be a Rookie-question - I'm asking myself: why don't they make the Connie larger? In my opinion she could be two or three meters longer, that would make her even more adorable. And then the original Rover design would fit in both ways, either fit into the cargo bay as well as fit onto the Connie design. This goes with the problem that the pilot of the Rover was not able to sit down into the pilot seat. Now they must build this "cockpit-moves-away-to-be-able-to-sit-down"-thing. Thats not good at all. I mean, this is a military kind of vehicle, right? Thus it has to be a rough and tough designed thing were you can, for instance in critical situations, throw yourself behind the seat, punching it to max speed to get the hell out of wheverever.
But now? You have to wait until the cockpit moves back, calmly sit down, wait for the cockpit moving back and around...oh, wait, its stuck? No problem, just restart, move back, get up, sit down again, move forward again..oh, now we are dead, what a pitty.
I am very sorry guys, but the Rover is and stays the most shitty design in current CIGs history. Just stick to the original design, make it tough and useful(!) and for gods sake just stretch the Connie!

Dragonfly: I'm having no real opinion on that one. There also are most disappointed voices. I'm not into space motorcyles, so, no issues or complaints from my side. Perhaps they could've made it a litte bit more nasty, rough. But basically, I'm o.K. with the 'fly, their modes and so on. Perhaps there should be different versions in the future for traders, pirates, Harley riders and speed bikers.

Community Update: Speaks about 2.5. Really excited blablabla. Nothing new here. But question here: has anyone of you tested the new Behring Size 5 BFG (big f*cking gun)?
Woah, stop, whats this? "Alysianah Noire's World of Star Citizen? Whats that? Have to check this out. *notetaken*

Behind the Scenes: Derelict ships: Basically CIG has to build ship models which are completely new. I'm drawing my hat, thats one big piece of work! And where the space scenes of the 'farer during GamesCom 2016 presentation simpley blast me away, the excitement level just got a new push: the scenes on the planet within ATV3.5 are so...wow!

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
Well, let me take a stab at the wall of test.

Did I understood that right that the big cargo boxes automatically spawn in your cargo room?
Seems to be the case. Doubt anyone wants to spend hours loading a ship. Personally, though such convenience should come with a dock surcharge, otherwise load it up yourself.

why don't they make the Connie larger?
They would have to scrap and do all the work they have already done over...which would take longer, and suck a lot.

Thats not good at all.
Agreed!

I mean, this is a military kind of vehicle, right?
Never got the impression the Aquila or her rover were supposed to be military, but rather exploration. Serving the role of discoverer, at which point the UEE comes in and determines if what the fate of the discovery is (they would have the military rover to run over your Ursa).

Dragonfly
Fuck yes! Space motorcycles! Personally, I have bunch of these little guys and have plans for much entertainment to be wrought with them.

Size 5 BFG (big f*cking gun)?
One of our late night TEST Gaming streamers did a bunch of TESTing with these, but I was drunk and it was late - hopefully, they will see this and respond. But the results were something to effect of don't be on the wrong side of the BFG.

Behind the Scenes: Derelict ships
/drool

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Cargo: while I'm pretty excited about the Cargo demo, I don't see the point carrying a small cargo box through city or marketplace or the like. At least there should be a carrying robot or something like this.
They intend to have legitimate cargo in large scale moves to be auto arranged in your hangar so you don't have to set up and organize a Merchantman, Hull E or D yourself. This allows cargo haulers by trade the ability to move cargo in mass without having to take 2 hours each stop to set everything up.

Rover: I understand the issues the team had when constructing the Rover, to make it fit into the Connie. Still - and this may be a Rookie-question - I'm asking myself: why don't they make the Connie larger? In my opinion she could be two or three meters longer, that would make her even more adorable. And then the original Rover design would fit in both ways, either fit into the cargo bay as well as fit onto the Connie design. This goes with the problem that the pilot of the Rover was not able to sit down into the pilot seat. Now they must build this "cockpit-moves-away-to-be-able-to-sit-down"-thing. Thats not good at all. I mean, this is a military kind of vehicle, right? Thus it has to be a rough and tough designed thing were you can, for instance in critical situations, throw yourself behind the seat, punching it to max speed to get the hell out of wheverever.
But now? You have to wait until the cockpit moves back, calmly sit down, wait for the cockpit moving back and around...oh, wait, its stuck? No problem, just restart, move back, get up, sit down again, move forward again..oh, now we are dead, what a pitty.
I am very sorry guys, but the Rover is and stays the most shitty design in current CIGs history. Just stick to the original design, make it tough and useful(!) and for gods sake just stretch the Connie!
This rover and the Connie are suppose to be civilian ships from start to finish. The larger Carrack and its rover are military designed to begin with, then made available to the civilian market. I am in the middle on the rover itself. It's not aesthetically appealing at all but that is also its charm. Id say it looks more like it was made by drake tho being all function with little form.

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?