Thoughts and prayers to all our Oregon members

EmpireRuled

Commander
Oct 16, 2017
RSI Handle
EmpireRuled
... Hey, did that little guy have a New Jersey accent? I had the exact same experience the first time I was in New Jersey!
haha Same here. Except the little guy was definitely flipping his collective shit, and actually RAN at me - and I swear to God that this is true - screaming Arabic. I -almost- had a mini flashback, but when he got within about 15 feet of me he stopped short since I outweighed him by like 75 pounds and had starting walking toward him with purpose since I had no idea what in the hell was wrong. As it turned out, he spoke excellent English and explained that in NJ, I am not allowed to pump my own gas. Wonders never cease. I had never heard of such a thing, and I am originally from the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Since I was in NJ for like four months, I decided to go to the same gas station for the duration of my stay, and whenever I pulled up I would roll down my window and yell, "Pumpin' gas and kickin' ass!" and he would NASCAR my shit. It worked out fine in the end.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
I live 20 minutes from the Oregon state line and I am happy for the division and to be on the Washington side.

Fun fact:
The first settlement in what would become Washington State (Tumwater, WA - 1846) was founded because of the racist settlement laws in Oregon.
Keeping us at an arm's distance are you... Wise Man ...

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
"This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even"
So, to recap: Pumping your own gas is too difficult. It's too hazardous. It's too unsafe. And, heaven forbid, you might end up smelling like gasoline afterward."

Ok, this is a joke right? How the fuck does one get qualified to pump gas? Too difficult? In 2019, will they have a new law that makes it okay to drive your car?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
It's really never a dull moment, living here, sandwiched between British California and the Oregoons, watching everyone try to out-progressive the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia. I gotta move to Texas...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
It's really never a dull moment, living here, sandwiched between British California and the Oregoons, watching everyone try to out-progressive the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia. I gotta move to Texas...
Just don't move to Austin, Houston, or the Dallas Ft Worth metroplex. Couple years ago people in Austin voted to build more public libraries, or give more money to them or something. Long story short the people that voted for it were very surprised that taxes were raised in the city to pay for it.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
People be wigging out about that here in the Portlandia area.
Meh, I am originally from Texas, so it is humorous as hell. Especially when they go on about how hard it is raining. Really? This is rain? Hell, didn't even have to wait it out under an overpass. Huh, strange folk up here.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I was almost CONCERNED when I read the title of this thread being that I live in Oregon. I thought that some tragedy had struck that I was unaware of. I only heard about this new law today and for one am hoping they quickly make it statewide. Many times have I pulled into a gas station needing to get someplace in a hurry only to have to wait for some overweight, lethargic, years past retirement age station attendant to shamble up to my truck to do something I could have done myself with no effort whatsoever and be gone before anybody knew I was there. The no pumping gas law in Oregon is one of the most absurd laws I know of.

I can't believe how many people are freaking out about this in Portland, and most of them ride the train or bus...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
People be wigging out about that here in the Portlandia area.
Meh, I am originally from Texas, so it is humorous as hell. Especially when they go on about how hard it is raining. Really? This is rain? Hell, didn't even have to wait it out under an overpass. Huh, strange folk up here.
Oregon also doesn't have the tornado threat.

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Montoya, they do not HAVE to pump their own gas, they are just allowed to now. :P I traveled through Oregon stopping for gas once a long time ago, was really annoyed that the gas was about 50 cents/gallon more and the explanation was the cost of having someone pump your gas. This was a fee you could pay optionally at many stations in various places but there it was required.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I was a gas jockey in my misspent youth

not sure if the brain damage was from breathing all the leaded gas fumes

or the hashish and LSD

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I will state that should real life copy the scene of Zoolander at the gas station that goes horribly wrong, I will most likely laugh my ass off & chalk it up to survival of the fittest. If people are stupid enough to reenact that scene after seeing it, then they deserve to have the consequences.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
023.jpg

On occasion, I find myself wondering how some people survive in this world. It's like humanity has largely lost touch with the ability to use logic and reason. This is made infinitely worse by the trend towards intentional ignorance and the willful disregard for reality. This group seems to grow larger each generation and has reached a previously unimaginable saturation in society. These people don't know anything, can't figure anything out, refuse to learn, and instead choose to anchor their beliefs in whatever random thought they conjured up and turned to "fact".

I would imagine it feels like white noise on an old tv...

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
View attachment 8848

On occasion, I find myself wondering how some people survive in this world. It's like humanity has largely lost touch with the ability to use logic and reason. This is made infinitely worse by the trend towards intentional ignorance and the willful disregard for reality. This group seems to grow larger each generation and has reached a previously unimaginable saturation in society. These people don't know anything, can't figure anything out, refuse to learn, and instead choose to anchor their beliefs in whatever random thought they conjured up and turned to "fact".

I would imagine it feels like white noise on an old tv...
Yes this right here... I’m in the business of evolutionary interventions, I’m constantly amazed that we as a species haven’t gone extinct yet... just a snippet from my future memoir...” what dumb thing did you do today that you shouldn’t have?”
“ Well you know, have you ever been home alone, drunk and bored?”
“No sir, never drunk or bored enough to shove produce up my ass.” It was at this moment that I started questioning the decisions I had made in my life that had lead to working in the medical field....

I will of course offer a discount to Test members when the book goes on sale

Forgot your password?