Three Prowler turrets on one Prowler?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wait for vid of it tryin' to dodge missiles. It is not going to be stealthy when loaded for dogfighting. Need to see what it does with missiles. Looks to me any Vanguard can take this out from 6 km.

Doesn't matter how trendy and sexy you are when you're dead.
LCF is all that matters. Hahahah

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They didn't fix the carrack turret on fanvuard till the next patch.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I did the same with three prowlers but i then melted 2 keeping just 1. It happens that the equipment unequiped from those 2 were stripped from my inventory in the end.
I initially thought once you unequip all stuff from a ship it would be tied to your inventory not to the ship, but no.
Seems half the time my prowlers turrets when unequipped are not saved. If i melt my prowlers right after unequipping the turrets, they are not saved as available turret but as in use. If i reopen mobiglass after unequipping turrets and before melting ships and relaunching game, they are normally saved as available turrets.

So i did some more testing with 2 prowlers this time to see if you would really need 3 prowlers to achieve the goal of this thread. Outcome is that you can do it with 2 or even just 1 prowler.
3 is faster because you can do it all at once. With 2 prowlers you would need to remelt them once. With 1 prowler you would need to melt it twice and repeat the process.

In your Mobiglass go in the Vehicle Loadout manager. Select your prowler. Go to Weaponry tab.
You can not directly unequip the Esperia prowler turret so you need to do a little trick here.
Select in the left column left wing or right wing VariPuck S5 turret. On the right column you should see Esperia Prowler turret, available 0 (if it is your first prowler) in use 1.
Click on the Esperia prowler turret on the right column, the turret is already in use so select it to remove it from the top turret.
This prowler now have only 2 turrets equipped out of 3 and you wont be able to reequip a turret on the top hardpoint anymore from now.
Once equipped, unequip the Esperia prowler turret from the wing you put it on using the unequip button. Save the loadout, you should now have 1 available prowler turret, reopen your mobiglass and check in vehicle loadout if that is the case.
Quit game, melt prowler (if less than 3 repeat in 24hours repurchasing with store credit). Repeat again and you can build a stock of Prowler turrets.

Also you can use all others systems from the prowler (stealth quantum, power and shields) on other ships.
But the prowler turret seems to only fit the prowler and no other ships (at least for those i have).

But.
I noticed that once you quit the game, the equipment is only saved on ship you bought as pledge ship (like pledge Andromeda).
Loaner ships like the Freelancer keep the item from the prowler equiped during the game session but sometime as soon as you restart the game, all equipment is stripped from the ship. The equipment can be lost though (or it is what i notice but not 100% sure since i didnt remember the stock of prowler stuff i had before), you just need to reequip the ship.

ScreenShot0037.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?