Three questions

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
1. Khartu-Al

Assuming that post rework this is still a ship that favours seat-of-the-pants flying and nimble fingers. They've beefed up fixed guns and the ship can turn on a sixpence, but it's still super fragile and can't take more than a hit or two? Tempted to get one because it looks so snazzy but as a tank-and-spank man it's hard for me to justify.

2. M-50

I'm reading disappointing mixed reviews of this in the new flight model. It should be majestic. Anyone comment post-patch on how it's handling.

3. Greycat ROC

I'm often sitting in a Prospector. I have a Mole. Playstyle choices aside, any reason to ROC while having the ships?

Would welcome thoughts on any of this as the (current) window for purchasing any of these is closing.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
1.it is the difference between flying a plane or flying a chopper. If you can master the drone flying style, then you don't have to worry about getting hit.
2. you can try out mine and decide for yourself
3. it fills the gap between hand mining and the prospector. If you could find valuable stuff that is worth mining in small quantity, but too small for the prospectors lasers, go for it.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
1. Khartu-Al

Assuming that post rework this is still a ship that favours seat-of-the-pants flying and nimble fingers. They've beefed up fixed guns and the ship can turn on a sixpence, but it's still super fragile and can't take more than a hit or two? Tempted to get one because it looks so snazzy but as a tank-and-spank man it's hard for me to justify.
Don't own one, but the flying style of this is preatty unique, defenitly require some time to master, but I think If you can afford the time and patience to do that this ship will be a PITA for every dogfighter.

3. Greycat ROC

I'm often sitting in a Prospector. I have a Mole. Playstyle choices aside, any reason to ROC while having the ships?

Would welcome thoughts on any of this as the (current) window for purchasing any of these is closing.
I've a prospector too (buyed in game...) and I like FPS mining more than the ship coounterpart even if not that much profitable so I'll love to have a FPS mining mechanics that provide more income. I'm looking forward to have a ROC too, still I think this is not a good purchase if your objective is to actually own the ROC.
First of all the game mechanic correleted still need some balance especially on how common are the minable, second the ROC will cost almost nothing in-game, so I'll prefert ot buy it in-game rather that spend 60€ now for a limimted used vehicle.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
3. Greycat ROC

The only use I can tell with the Roc atm is that you can drive around and scan for hand mineables. I personally don't like flying around in a ship and scanning.... To then land and hand mine surfaces. Roc is good for that

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm curious, if he had launched 8 Spark1's on you at less than 2 km, is there a way to survive that in a Khartu-Al?
If he could lock them, and keep the lock.

The best way to evade missiles is to get rid of the lock before they are fired. As soon as you hear the locking sound: CM.

The Vanguards fight best at a distance in order to lock on to a target.
The Khartu-Al benefits most from very close distance, keep buzzing around your target. Don't let your target get at lock on you and keep blasting away at it

Forgot your password?