Time to explain for those who don't get it, what is Star Citizen.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
And I'm gonna use food as metaphor to describe what Star Citizen is
( if you don't know what a metaphor is look it up on google. )

To skip the confusion..
What is a metaphor in short?
A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.
A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to
which it is not literally applicable.

Star Citizen PU
is like a fine high class restaurant,
you call and reserve a table, you get there by any mean you have to your disposal, bike, car, cab, limo, walk what ever..
you get to your table, handed a menu, you chose your food and order, then wait for the food to be done and once served you enjoy the evening eating drinking taking your time.

Arena commander, Star Marine
Those are like a fast food burger place, hot dog stand, pizzeria etc.. you want the food but ain't got time to wait for it or enjoy it, just buy it fast and shove it down the throat and get on with life.

So if you don't have time for the fancy restaurant you can always go for the hot dog stand, pizzeria or fast food burger.

The choice is yours to make, not yours to change and if that don't fit the take home bag well then don't order the food.

It's not more complicated than that.

CHEERS! 🍻

Side note: I prefer the fancy restaurant

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I also posted this here, mainly cause I want to help other who don't get it to get it.. if that don't help well, I tried. 🍻

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/time-to-explain-for-those-who-don-t-get-it-what-is

CHEERS! 🍻

Edit: And wow did that pull some odd peps out of the woodwork ha ha ha ha...
Apparently some don't know how it is to order a table at a fine high class restaurant.
It's not like you call and get a table same day some time the wait list can be weeks even month or even more.
ha ha... well well... it is what it is. 😂🤣

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I don't get it, hehehe Just kidding

I guess I am safe...I haven't had a thought in decades...... hehehe

But.. What if the fancy resturant brings me chicken and I ordered fish? Hmmmmm

buy it fast and shove it down the throat and get on with life.
Hey, have you been following me?

Koking aside, this is a great post.
(used to be a J but I changed it to a K) Stop it, Cosmic!
Anyway, thanks @Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I don't get it, hehehe Just kidding

I guess I am safe...I haven't had a thought in decades...... hehehe

But.. What if the fancy resturant brings me chicken and I ordered fish? Hmmmmm

Hey, have you been following me?

Koking aside, this is a great post.
(used to be a J but I changed it to a K) Stop it, Cosmic!
Anyway, thanks @Mich Angel
NO.. wasn't me following you.. ha ha..

Some just don't get how metaphor works and it's not to be taken literally as a exact representation

So yeah I get it some wont get it but it's not their fault. ha ha ha..

Thank you @CosmicTrader CHEERS! 🍻

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
For me it is like that street bar you just kind of stayed, because in the parking area, with the tables, there is lot of nice people saying funny shit and whatnot.

Everyone came for the booze, but kind of stayed because of the people. The tables are uneven, there are bugs on your meal, that beer that you really wanted when they promised keeps getting postponed - still this is the place you keep going after visiting the new places that kind of burns fast. It is nice, I like it, the chairs have my form in it already

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
For me it is like that street bar you just kind of stayed, because in the parking area, with the tables, there is lot of nice people saying funny shit and whatnot.

Everyone came for the booze, but kind of stayed because of the people. The tables are uneven, there are bugs on your meal, that beer that you really wanted when they promised keeps getting postponed - still this is the place you keep going after visiting the new places that kind of burns fast. It is nice, I like it, the chairs have my form in it already
Wow. Its like you have gotten past the 30k.

Forgot your password?