Other Time to find a job!

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Medical, bounty hunting, mercenary and repair are the 3 jobs I will not be exploring yet(also mathematician, because that's 4 jobs, not 3) I went stupid early and bought an Orion, a Starfarer, a Caterpillar, a Reclaimer, a Hull C, 2 prospectors and a BMM. I plan to strip mine the universe and haul stuff from one end of it to the other. After a little "me" time, I might get an Endeavor and form an exploration fleet, which I may command from an 890 jump. And that's how I win Star Citizen. I would start with a Prospector and a Freelancer MAX. Grind for cash and buy ships that make money. I don't think a medical or bounty hunting "career" is going to be sufficient to support me in the manner to which I have been accustomed(it won't pay for the beer), but then again, those jobs might surprise me. Most important, do whats going to make you happy. Star Citizen is one of the very few slices of our lives where that may be possible!

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
I've been in the same boat for a while now

The three main things I want to do is bounty hunting, smuggling and exploring
So i signed up for a few different groups like bounty hunting, pirating, yellow jackets for combat roles,

Then i looked more into exploration this seems like the profession I may be doing or joining in with the most,

Just from this I get to do diplomacy with factions, trading discoveries, smuggling illegal items, security, scouting, combat, exploring, ship repairs, salvaging derelict ships and whatever else may come up on a star trek like ship

And even then a good crew will need players capable of SAR and medical staff for wounded players or to scan new life, Maybe someone who knows basic vandull language because they have found a vault etc

I hope to find a crew and have crazy star trek adventures

Sure mining will probably make you the most money but can you really see yourself sitting there firing a laser at the 10th asteroid today to collect monies when the universe is thriving around asking you to come and see all the cool stuff and discover what it has to offer?

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I have a Cutlass Black though I don’t want to be a pirate I want to play more of a military role. I have been following the rework and videoes with it for 3.0. I am hoping to be able to function as a dropship, extraction, resupply, small vehicle delivery, boarding party, medium fighter pilot, I would also do FPS and be part of a crew for the Idris when needed. it would be cool if it can hold my cutlass and go into action when needed(still not sure how everything is planned to work). I would pry just do small cargo runs and military missions on the side to fund myself.

I haven’t actually found friends to crew the ship with me yet I know there will be NPC crews you can hire. Would this play style fit into the yellowjackets well since it is what I am interested in doing or would I fit in better elsewhere?

Last edited:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I'm going to parrot @Printimus and say that it's very unlikely that you'll end up completely dedicated to a single role. We'll expect to see a lot of combat from other orgs and missions so as a medic you should always have work to do,.........
Or when we drunkenly stumble into shit and break ourselves, we'll need some sort of med center to stitch us up.

But here I am, drinking beer.
Oh shit! That reminds me. I'll be right back. Now where the hell is my Test mug?

Thanks for the advice all. I guess i just started overthinking things when reading the group forums.
That's yer biggest problem, you can read.

Well my problem is slightly different, as i dont change ships, but buy new ones that i cant afford :p
And why should you be any different than the rest of us??

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So far in this game i have mostly focused on being self sufficient when building my fleet. But joining TEST got me thinking.. Maybe i should start focusing a bit more towards a role profession in here. Still on the fence on what to go for though.. I'm leaning towards medic, as i love support roles, but i also like mining and crafting/repairing. And salvaging with a Reclaimer looks just awesome! I do hope we get other ambulance options too, as I'm not a huge fan of the Cutlass Red. A terrapin with a medbay would be awesome.

Help me choose guys. What do you think?
I really like your profile pic & I think that you might be onto a genius solution for finding a better space ambulance with it. Think about it, the Starfarer has all that internal cargo room which can be used as a modest sized medical room & you can store all of the blood types you need as well as other required fluids in the tanks to have on hand & on demand wherever you go. The paint job looks sweet as well. Great job!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I will stick with Medical/repair as main i think. After spending a few days on Discord after i joined, i discovered that we are in great need of Therapists atleast :smile:
Petition CIG to make a psych ward module for the Endeavor :)

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I really like your profile pic & I think that you might be onto a genius solution for finding a better space ambulance with it. Think about it, the Starfarer has all that internal cargo room which can be used as a modest sized medical room & you can store all of the blood types you need as well as other required fluids in the tanks to have on hand & on demand wherever you go. The paint job looks sweet as well. Great job!
This is a great idea. And yeah that would be a great looking skin.

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
Don't lock yourself into one professional mindset. You may think now you want to play profession X, but find that you really enjoy profession Y. I, for instance, once thought I'd always love rum. But here I am, drinking beer.
I personally found a compromise to this @Blind Owl

upload_2018-1-1_9-53-30.png

Forgot your password?