To RAFT or not RAFT?...

SoloPlayerZA

Grand Admiral
May 1, 2019
RSI Handle
SoloPlayerZA
What do you think of the RAFT? Will you get it or replace a ship with it? Why / Why not?

I think its a nice ship for future use, I dont really see a better use for it now compared to what is there. The extra space with the kitchen, gun lockers, space for suits / clothes is very nifty and the only real advantage I can see... But are those not for long distance trips? Is this for long distance trips or what? I'm struggling to identify its place (what makes it different enough, besides looks).

Cheers!

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
What do you think of the RAFT? Will you get it or replace a ship with it? Why / Why not?

I think its a nice ship for future use, I dont really see a better use for it now compared to what is there. The extra space with the kitchen, gun lockers, space for suits / clothes is very nifty and the only real advantage I can see... But are those not for long distance trips? Is this for long distance trips or what? I'm struggling to identify its place (what makes it different enough, besides looks).

Cheers!
Hull B -> Better pure cargo/dedicated role
Freelancer MAX -> More options/roles (even more cargo)
Taurus -> same as above

Only thing I see as benefit on Raft is when/if you use it in conjunction with a larger hauler to unload? maybe?
Would have to see, but I bet 3-4 Argo Cargos (similar cost) would be better than 1 Raft for that?

This ones a skip for me, I even like cargo ships lol

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
hmm I'll say 2 RAFT ... but I dont' feel we are really in need of this ships.
Considering the current state of cargo hauuling there are fare better ships out there, with either better cargo or the ability of multi-roling... man never fell I'll have a raccomandation for the Constallation but in this case...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I think the RAFT beats out the Hull A if that's what you compare to. Double the Cargo, longer range, and in general, probably a tougher overall package. Cost vs the Connie is a lot less, but also a lot less protection and offensive/defensive capability, even when played solo.. The one benefit is the cargo loading, but we still don't know how advantageous that will be. As for Size, it's narrower than the MAX, and only a little taller than the freelancers. So if the freelancer (but not the max) is the largest ships to fit through a wormhole, then the RAFT should also fit. It also has a lot more room for 2 people than the freelancer does for 4.

Overall, I would give it a buy recommendation, but only if you don't have a Connie or MAX already

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Only thing I see as benefit on Raft is when/if you use it in conjunction with a larger hauler to unload? maybe?
Would have to see, but I bet 3-4 Argo Cargos (similar cost) would be better than 1 Raft for that?

This ones a skip for me, I even like cargo ships lol
My feeling so far.

Let's see first how those big 32SCU crates will be important in the verse.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, if you need a ship to load other ships with cargo, this is it. Either from station to ship nearby, or fetching boxes for Hull C/D/E from surface outposts while C/D/E orbits. It's a great companion for larger freighter.

Argo cargo is suitable to load small and medium ships, but not large. As far as I can tell, they can't bring large standard SCU containers to you, which really limits is use. Now, it was designed specifically to load ships at stations, so perhaps this "little" oversight gets corrected at some point along the way, but atm I wouldn't count on it. Especially since there is now a WAY bigger Argo ship that can only ferry a couple large SCU containers.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Btw, buy a Spartan Warbond for 65$, buy the Raft Warbond CCU from Spartan for 30$, and you have a raft warbond for 95$ instead of the standalone Warbond version sold at 110$ 🍻
Better yet, get Spartan warbond CCU, Spartan to Cutlass black CCU and then Cutlass Black to RAFT CCU. If you're not in a hurry that is. If Cutlass Black or any of the ships between Spartan and Black goes on sale in a future IAE (or during Drake or MISC days of this IAE) you might an even further discounted CCU. Of course it'll mean that you'll either have to get two of both Warbond CCUs (one to apply one to hold) or hold off on applying them. Many ways to play the CCU game.

EDIT: I know you know, I didn't mean to explain @you but just to add to what you already said

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Better yet, get Spartan warbond CCU, Spartan to Cutlass black CCU and then Cutlass Black to RAFT CCU. If you're not in a hurry that is. If Cutlass Black or any of the ships between Spartan and Black goes on sale in a future IAE (or during Drake or MISC days of this IAE) you might an even further discounted CCU. Of course it'll mean that you'll either have to get two of both Warbond CCUs or hold off on applying them. Many ways to play the CCU game.

EDIT: I know you know, I didn't mean to explain @you but just to add to what you already said
Yep very valid point, a dollar saved is a dollar saved :)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm waiting on making any more purchases until BIS day. At which I'll most likely pick up a Spartan Warbond (LTI token), a few Avenger Stalker to Spartan warbond CCU's & Cutty Black to RAFT warbond CCU's for future CCU chains, maybe even wait to use them for the ILW next year. That pair would boost a $50 ship up to $125 value for just $20 + the $20 in CCU's for a $30 savings. Not a bad way to start a chain.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Is it flight ready?
This is me heading back to New Cabbage with 96 SCUs of distilled spirits from Bud's Growery on Euterpe (or whatever that Microtech moon that starts with an E is named). Yeah, it's flight ready, but it sucks Hydrogen like crazy. Just that short trip (which was mostly quantum) cost me almost 1700 space bucks!
1637892521710.jpeg

Forgot your password?