Tonya Oriel is back!! Read now: "Whisperer in the Dark"

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/955987360541499392

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/16380-Whisperer-In-The-Dark

As a side note, the written story takes place before "The Lost Generation" (at all German TESTies: I've made an audio book of it, also available as MP3, see YT subnotes).

But nevertheless, I love the character of Tony Oriel and am totally happy that CIG delivers us more storys aka adventures of her.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/0wuu6epvy1gs0r/source/Whisperer-In-The-Dark.jpg

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Simply put:
- the story about the Artemis you HAVE to know.
- the story of Tonya Oriel and her search for the Artemis you SHOULD know.

Reactions: Ezz

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Wonderful story.
Cosmic, I'm having difficulties to understand this sentence: Tonya set her approach through the shifting entry/exit patterns of ships.
What is meant by that? Is she flying towards incoming and off-flying ships or are those some kind of changing landing pads or...? I'm puzzled. Would be great if you could help me understanding this :) :) :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Ouh, I have another question: if someone is "slinging booze and information", is he kind of trading it or using (drinking, consuming) it for himself?
"Moving minerals" are kind of pocket-sized, right...?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
As ships enter/exit the area, she is 'mixing' with them to be less noticable on scanners.

Drinking and talking.......'spilling the beans'

Thanks a lot! That helped!

I have another question regarding the last sentence: in my understand a carving is something which you cut with a knife, as example, into wood. A carving. So how can a carving sit on the floor like a little animal....? Or can it be, in this case, more like a small figurine made of marble...?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I don't get it. But perhaps this is a translation problem.
If a carving is "sitting", it must be something living - or not?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I don't get it. But perhaps this is a translation problem.
If a carving is "sitting", it must be something living - or not?
'Sit' is one of of those weird words that has a surprising number of meanings. In this case it means the carving's resting in place (on the floor), or basically that it's located there.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
So, this carving, this - figurine made of marble(?) - is lying on the floor? Not like it somehow came alive and stole itself into the suit of Tonya, but...I don't know...as she stumbled backwards in this "church", it somehow slipped into the damaged suit or the like...?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
So, this carving, this - figurine made of marble(?) - is lying on the floor? Not like it somehow came alive and stole itself into the suit of Tonya, but...I don't know...as she stumbled backwards in this "church", it somehow slipped into the damaged suit or the like...?
It is sitting on the floor the same way this orange is sitting on the table:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Okay, understood so far, thanks. The question now is: how did it came there? Is it meant to be something mystical, something menacing or did it just fell out of the suit? Its not answered in the short-story, right? Or did I miss something?

Forgot your password?