Too big?

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
No it's not my wife's reactionimg to pulling down my pants.

Tonite I got bored running cargo for UEC, so I headed over to Grim Hex to spawn camp some "pirates". The only thing I accomplished was drinking a glass of scoth waiting for someone to spawn. There is so much space I hardly run into any peeps to mix it up with....

With the release of 3.0 is Star Citizen to big?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Tonite I got bored running cargo for UEC, so I headed over to Grim Hex to spawn camp some "pirates". The only thing I accomplished was drinking a glass of scoth waiting for someone to spawn. There is so much space I hardly run into any peeps to mix it up with....

No that is reality of space and what many don't seem to get, running in to other players is going to be rare unless you're on a place where people spawn.. as for HEX since most spawn at Olisar no matter what state your crime or not you're not likely to meat up people there spawning very often at this point...

:beers: :beer: :beers:

And a personal note I think spawn camping is low, very low ....IMO

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
With current server limitations at 50 players/instance it is actually a good sign we aren't tripping over each other except at the few points of interest we have right now - would be better if the loaded instances wouldn't spike FPS when large-ish ships like Connie.s Cat's and Beerfarer's are spawned, just wait for Carrack's and Idrii and later large fleets of AI (UEE, Vanduul, etc.).

Clearly the netcode is key since the client-side seems to be doing OK.

'Gimp

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

To add to what others have said, there will also be choke-points where people have to pass through like Mission 1 of the ICC used to be in 2.6.

As for Pad Camping, you'll earn a place on NaffNaffs naughty list if you are.

It's okay to wait nearby and let them get off the ground and engage in areal combat, but destroying ships on the ground before pilots can get to them? Unsporting and with the 30 min insurance wait totally pointless, too...

If you want 1 on 1 just go on F12 chat and say anyone up for PvP, and agree a place to play, there will most likely be other bored players just waiting for an excuse.

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Once they PU is filled up with 90% NPCs, the world will seem a bit more alive.
In the meantime, please don't kill people unless they actually want to fight you. It's quite frustrating at this stage of testing, not to mention it being pointless and rewardless.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

It's only gonna get bigger. Space is lonely, get used to it now before they launch 4.0.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As for Pad Camping, you'll earn a place on NaffNaffs naughty list if you are.
When the game goes live & once I've well established the financial resources to do so, I intend to "smuggle" some cases of "distilled spirits" on board my ship & then while hanging out doing repairs or refueling I'll be "pad camping" my own way. Whenever I see 1 of you wonderful TESTies, I'll offer up a box of spirits to those I can in exchange of hearing about your latest adventures while the drinks are enjoyed & the ships are tended to. Cheers!

Forgot your password?