• Beer.

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I've agreed to do a Tough Mudder next year, after I attended one that my sister took part in. As the event itself raises money for a good cause - Help for Heroes -, I thought perhaps some UK TESTies might want to join in???

The event takes place in May, so it shouldn't be too cold (i hope), and I still don't know if I'm doing it on a Saturday or a Sunday (I'm waiting on friends to decide which day suits them). All I know is that I'm doing it, and the event is based around being part of a team. Also, there will be a LOT of mud.

Link: https://toughmudder.co.uk/events/2016-midlands

P.S: I was thinking of wearing something like this, as loads of people were wearing costumes before :)

P.P.S: did I mention that when you finish you get a free beer? :D

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I already do cross-country during the winter, I'd rather not throw more mud in the mix just as we enter the summer (track season) ;)

Good luck, though! I hear Tough Mudder races are, believe it or not, tough. Have fun!

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Good luck! I'll be doing one someday once I train for it.

James Hannon

Grand Admiral
Nov 26, 2014
RSI Handle
CerberusJames
I'm UK based and thought about doing it a couple of times, if we can get a few of us together I'm game.

Reactions: Harkuno

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
If people were thinking of camping and making a bit of a TEST Weekend of it, I could probably be convinced. Do not under any circumstances expect me to be quick though...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
If people were thinking of camping and making a bit of a TEST Weekend of it, I could probably be convinced. Do not under any circumstances expect me to be quick though...
As I understand, simply completing one is a pretty nice accomplishment.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Becoming a Mudder is great. However the pain the following week I just can't justify doing it anymore. Make sure you post a pic with your headband!

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Right! Tough Mudder ticket is now aquired, I am now an official participant for the 2016 UK Midlands Tough Mudder, on Sunday 22nd May!

I originally (read- Accidentally) signed up to London South, (I want to do that also, but I'll sort that one out later :P) and had a £5 donation to Help for Heroes, but I've got a new fundraising page following my transfer onto the correct event! Link:https://www.eventbrite.com/donate/fred-towler/1912291?sig=AA5leUpiHQdJ8jzd_K6f_bWLlfSnVMlY6g#

Oh boy, do I need to get training... :)

Forgot your password?