Some more TOW footage:

on foot
https://streamable.com/r7xa08

on foot and in ship

on foot

in ground vehicle
https://gfycat.com/belovedevergreenhyena

flying bug

Apparently framerates are really shitty for most players so it might be some time before we see TOW ;/

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hopefully, after ToW is released, the devs can get feedback on what players like & dislike to help improve all 3 of the sub games.

Reactions: Bambooza

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hopefully, after ToW is released, the devs can get feedback on what players like & dislike to help improve all 3 of the sub games.
Yep I think thay mensioned it at the last year CitizenCon, the obyective of TOW is to have an eviroments that conbine all the tre aspect of the combat scenarios (on foot, oon vehicles and on ships) to have some data and allow them to balance and Improve the combats mechanics at 360°.
Also this will be the first interation of atcual combat in an open a big eviroments, where sniper rifle and other such long range weapon could really make the difference.

Judasgeiten

Lieutenant
May 2, 2020
RSI Handle
judasgeiten
Yep I think thay mensioned it at the last year CitizenCon, the obyective of TOW is to have an eviroments that conbine all the tre aspect of the combat scenarios (on foot, oon vehicles and on ships) to have some data and allow them to balance and Improve the combats mechanics at 360°.
Also this will be the first interation of atcual combat in an open a big eviroments, where sniper rifle and other such long range weapon could really make the difference.
I recall hearing one of the other goals with TOW was to improve perfomance and network issues relating to the FPS part of the game. One of CIG's videos explained how FPS gameplay works well in testing, but then performs horribly in the PU with issues such has poor hitbox registration and grenades being "dropped" instead of thrown.

I'm excited to try out TOW!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
One of CIG's videos explained how FPS gameplay works well in testing, but then performs horribly in the PU with issues such has poor hitbox registration and grenades being "dropped" instead of thrown.
If they were watching me playing I'm not sure if they can make a hit box big enough...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If they were watching me playing I'm not sure if they can make a hit box big enough...
If they'd seen me play, I'd rather them shrink the hit boxes as small as possible so that I can survive longer while I do my best to evade attackers.

Edit : This is still acknowledgement that I know that I'll still keep being killed off, just hopefully not as often or as easily. Maybe I should change my handle to something like ISuckAtGames. ;p

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Some more TOW footage:

on foot
https://streamable.com/r7xa08

on foot and in ship

on foot

in ground vehicle
https://gfycat.com/belovedevergreenhyena

flying bug

Apparently framerates are really shitty for most players so it might be some time before we see TOW ;/

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
TOW is going to be utter shite unless they can peg down the desync and stuttering issues. I REALLY hope they keep this particular bun in the oven until it is ready for outside consumption. If they release TOW in a buggy state and try to lean on it as a new public-facing game mode, it will NOT look good on CIG. I don't know what is going on over there, but lack of meaningful progress on the performance of the Object Container Streaming system leans me toward believing that the tech didn't quite pan out for them...I hope I'm wrong, because if I'm not the game as it was sold to us will be impossible to complete and we will end up with a watered-down waste.

/pessimism

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and Tei

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
TOW is going to be utter shite unless they can peg down the desync and stuttering issues. I REALLY hope they keep this particular bun in the oven until it is ready for outside consumption. If they release TOW in a buggy state and try to lean on it as a new public-facing game mode, it will NOT look good on CIG. I don't know what is going on over there, but lack of meaningful progress on the performance of the Object Container Streaming system leans me toward believing that the tech didn't quite pan out for them...I hope I'm wrong, because if I'm not the game as it was sold to us will be impossible to complete and we will end up with a watered-down waste.

/pessimism
I totally agree with you - they should be really careful how they present themselves to potential citizens!

And I'm also pessymistic about CIG's performance.
With 3.9.0 mess and plan to do Free Flight with a few days left and raw halfcooked release that has been only days in Evocati and PTU.

But I also have hope, so let's see if there will be positive surprise with what is coming next ;)

Forgot your password?