Tractor Beam - Coming with Argo SRV or implemented later?

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I have not been able to find this clarification anywhere with regards to the tractor beam on the Argo SRV. I would hope it is coming when the ship is flyable, however, I would not put it past CIG to have the tractor beam show up at a later date. Has anyone seen this mentioned somewhere I might have missed?

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
My guess is that it won't be flyable until the tractor beam is ready. It's just a mobile tractor beam platform so why put it out before that is ready, it's not like they've ever put out a ship that can't fulfill it's primary role before.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
My guess is that it won't be flyable until the tractor beam is ready. It's just a mobile tractor beam platform so why put it out before that is ready, it's not like they've ever put out a ship that can't fulfill it's primary role before.
Well the Reclaimer and Starfarer are in the game, and they can't perform their primary roles of salvage and refueling. I am also wondering what exploration gameplay will be in place by the time the Carrack is in the game.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Well the Reclaimer and Starfarer are in the game, and they can't perform their primary roles of salvage and refueling. I am also wondering what exploration gameplay will be in place by the time the Carrack is in the game.
Those were the main ones I was hinting at, along the the Tali and to an extent the Merlin. I just hope that we can actually start getting some of these expanded features soon.

Genoside

Vice Admiral
Dec 30, 2018
RSI Handle
GenoSide
They'll let it out and notting will work,theres not one ship that came out and was flushed out except the prospector.... who knows fingers crossed

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
We already have one ship with a tractor beam. the Caterpillar, and it's not working ingame yet.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
We already have one ship with a tractor beam. the Caterpillar, and it's not working ingame yet.
Cutlass has 3 tractor beams. Reclaimer has 2, Caterpillar has 2, and the 315p also has one. None of them currently function. My hope is that if they get this in with the Argo SRV, it will also come in with the other ships. I could realistically see it only working on the Argo SRV for a while as that is yet another redo of existing ships to get it to work.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Cutlass has 3 tractor beams. Reclaimer has 2, Caterpillar has 2, and the 315p also has one. None of them currently function. My hope is that if they get this in with the Argo SRV, it will also come in with the other ships. I could realistically see it only working on the Argo SRV for a while as that is yet another redo of existing ships to get it to work.
We will see, it's more than likely it will be the ship used for tractor tech but we can't reliably say that with how many ships are currently ingame without working tractors.

Forgot your password?