Trade in my Avenger titan

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I want to get a cutlass black but I can not decide if I want to keep my avenger titan or not. What do you guys think?
This is a lot of great info from everyone. Either way you go, I don't think you will be disappointed. I started out with an Aurora LN and then upgraded to an AT. I absolutely loved it, and had a lot of fun doing the missions back in the version 2.0 days (alas poor Tesa, how I miss thee), but as the game progressed I wanted to do larger cargo runs, put a small space bike (dragonfly) in the back, and run with a crew. I considered both the Freelancer and the Cutlass just like your doing. I decided to go with the Cutlass at the time because it was right for me and what the game offered back then (late version 2.0's to early 3.0's). I had a great time and really liked my cutlass, and I did not regret the upgrade at all. I have since then upgraded yet again from a cutlass to a caterpillar. It just works for me and what I want to do with the game right now, and I don't regret that upgrade either (I did upgrades to retain my LTI and combo package BTW). I do sometimes miss flying around in my little penguin, and I do sometimes miss running my cutlass on missions with my friends. So now Im actually thinking of buying an avenger or cutlass (or both) to complement my caterpillar. Fact is, most ships do most missions most of the time, but all ships wont do all the missions all the time. You gota get what fits for you and what you want your gameplay experience to be, and more importantly, what you feel comfortable spending, either in game aUEC or real life. This little adventure game of ours can get expensive and its best not to invest more than what your willing to lose, kinda like going to Vegas or Disney. Ultimately your paying for the experience and fun memories, and I think you'll get that regardless of which ever ship you go with. Good luck and I look forward to hearing which one you go with.

Ninetoes

Commander
Sep 22, 2019
RSI Handle
Ninetoes
I used to use my Titan for delivery missions,... almost exclusively, but with Area 18, I kept running out of quantum fuel and couldn't refuel it anywhere, so haven't used it at all since,....I am planning on trading my Titan in for another ship
Currently looking at the Carrack, Hercules and Mercury Star Runner, will be trading my Constellation Andromeda, Titan and possibly my Cutlass Black for those 3,... keeping my Freelancer Max, just because I love that ship and my Prospector for mining

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm looking into the same problem right now: since the annual sale is approaching and i feel i need a bigger QT faster ship I'm also looking for buy either a CatBlack of a Freelancer base...
Price point is similar and yesterday I've rented a Freelancer for testting (I've tested the Cat during the FF event...)

Up to now my Pro and cons for every ship are:

Catlass Black
PRO:
- more agile and better top speed
- better positioned tuttet
- usable both for cargo trasport and drop ship (since have six seat in the back)
- side big door are great for quick diembark troop and providing support fire
CONS
- lighter armament (4x S3 hardpoint -> S2 gimbal weapon stock)
- smaller cargo hold
- 2 crew only (not counting the turret gunnner)
- a bit fragile on the front wings -> risk of loosing one weapon
- actually very bugged

Freelancer
PRO
- better cargo hold
- better armament (4x S3 gimbal mount as stock)
- 4 crew (not counting the turret gunner)
CONS
- less agile while not so "heavy" on manuver like the Conny
- non suited for dropship role
- not so great visibility
- more damage resistant

Actiually I'm very confused on witch ship to get, I'm not a fun od Drake's models and the Cut still have a lots of bug, but also have a superior versatility even if is a little underguned compared to the Freelancer.
Freelancer on the other hands is a better trading ship, have more firepower, can accomodate more crew, and even if not so manuvrable I feel it can take more punch... and is not bugged ATM....

I've a question for the not-MAX freelancer howner: the standard-wide cargo hold accodate a Cyclone? Can the Cutlass do the same?
Both the Cutlass Black and the Base Freelancer can, currently, carry a cyclone however the Freelancer is too narrow to get out of the Cyclone, and the Cyclone doesn't actually fit through the rear of the Cutlass if the physics boxes were correct.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Both the Cutlass Black and the Base Freelancer can, currently, carry a cyclone however the Freelancer is too narrow to get out of the Cyclone, and the Cyclone doesn't actually fit through the rear of the Cutlass if the physics boxes were correct.
Yeah you need the MAX to have a good fit and bring with you a Cyclone easy or the Cutlass which it fit fairly easy in to 🍻
I use the MAX or the Cutlas, think the MAX is my favorite Freelancer tho I still hate the interior design it just don't make sense.
What I like in the Cutlass is the side doors they open up so many advantages in some situations..

🍻

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yeah you need the MAX to have a good fit and bring with you a Cyclone easy or the Cutlass which it fit fairly easy in to 🍻
I use the MAX or the Cutlas, think the MAX is my favorite Freelancer tho I still hate the interior design it just don't make sense.
What I like in the Cutlass is the side doors they open up so many advantages in some situations..

🍻
You're not alone, I fly the Max now almost all the time. Horrible design from a lot of perspectives, but it's not all about eye-candy.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

🍻
Actually I like the Freelancer design, is not really stilyshed but is functional, far better of any Conny for what I think...
And for the Cuttlas... well the side door are what make me question for one or the other... the MAX variant is nice, but a bit pricy for my taste, I'll like to orbit arount the 100€-120€...
Hope for some interesting new ships at CitizenCon...

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I want to rent a cutlass but hey are soooo dam expensive. Either that or I just suck at making money. :thump:😂
Keep in mind that an actual bug for renting ship make them permanent tide to your account even when the rent period is expired....
I've rented a Freelancer for 1 day at 30k and still having it... some time bugs are a good thinks for testing...:love:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Actually I like the Freelancer design, is not really stilyshed but is functional, far better of any Conny for what I think...
And for the Cuttlas... well the side door are what make me question for one or the other... the MAX variant is nice, but a bit pricy for my taste, I'll like to orbit arount the 100€-120€...
Hope for some interesting new ships at CitizenCon...
Yeah I like the exterior design of the Freelancer it's the interior I can 't stand it is just so wrong... 🤣 🍻

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik
Forgot your password?