Trade in my Freelancer DUR for an Aquila?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
The title says it all. This has been eating at me all day to the point where I almost had to do some work to get my mind off it. Exploration is kind of my bread and butter, I practice dog fighting because it's shaping up to be that kind of 'verse, but I suck at it and the learning curve is steep. I'd much rather be in the Kirk chair shouting orders at my minions. Any thoughts?

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
At the moment, it is all about those feels. There are not concrete stats, and not enough information to detail which would be better for you. You could start any arguement to claim that one is better than the other, the rover of the Aquila, the extended fuel tanks of the Dur, the larger crew size of the Aquila, the engine power of the Dur, it is just a pointless tug-of-war.

If you feel that the Aquila is more your thing, and you are willing to cough up the moolah for it, go for it. You can always get the other when the game comes out, just get what makes you happy.

There is one solid bit of advice I will lay out there for you though, the Connie and Freelancer, and their respected variants, are being overhauled at the moment, and by the looks of some of the early glimpses, the changes are quite substantial. Just let it simmer for a while until these changes are fully showcased, they may just give you an alternate opinion.

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Its all personal choice. Do you intend to have a lot of friends around and focus on exploration a lot more? If so the Aquila is going to be the better ship. (and my personal favorite.)

If you want to do it once in a while and dont intend to have a lot of friends around then the DUR is the better ship.

If you are worried about wich one can find what then its an easy score to settle. Every thing the DUR can find the Aquila can find better. :P

Price well go with the DUR.

Im guessing since the Freelancer has been confirmed as a medium jump point ship and I highly doubt the Aquila will be a large jump point only ship The size really doesnt matter as much here.

I have some write ups I set up here https://testsquadron.com/threads/ships-of-exploration.5422/
Also have all the exploration info I have found here https://testsquadron.com/threads/exploration-guide-what-we-know-so-far.3952/

NuVek

Lieutenant
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
NuVek
I traded in my frelancer dur for Aquila.... I am in love with it. I will marry it. It will give me many years of exploration and pew pew.
Right now I am sitting in the Captains chair, just looking out at the hanger doors trying to use my tele-pathetic powers to make them open.
One day my powers will make the doors open and my Connie and I will reach the stars.

Ok, time to take my meds...

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Honestly I would wait to see what comes down the line for the freelancer before doing anything. As it stands both ships are great and I understand where you are coming from as I do not like dog fighting and I am completely thrilled with the prospects of exploration (as you can see by my sig lol :P ). They can both do a great deal of what it seems you are looking for, both with upsides and downsides, mainly crew and efficiency and then cargo if you are into collecting things well out there. I would say just wait and see what happens first :)

Forgot your password?