Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
You know we are traders we like statistics

Here is a little survey regarding trade

(Also i want to explore the form feature of google)
Nice survey!
Filled it out, although it won't be very useful for your statistics, sorry! I'm only a very casual trader for now.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's a lot of info for a trade survey, what's the plan to use it for, how will this benefit trading, what's the purpose?

Reason I ask is a survey like that say a lot more about one person or group of people than just about trading.

I'm just curious by nature when someone start asking a lot of question and don't add much of description to the plan behind it.

Would be great if you could elaborate and add some more details about the plan, how that info will be used and how it be useful to trading and for whom. 😉

CHEERS! 🍻

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
That's a lot of info for a trade survey, what's the plan to use it for, how will this benefit trading, what's the purpose?

Reason I ask is a survey like that say a lot more about one person or group of people than just about trading.

I'm just curious by nature when someone start asking a lot of question and don't add much of description to the plan behind it.

Would be great if you could elaborate and add some more details about the plan, how that info will be used and how it be useful to trading and for whom. 😉

CHEERS! 🍻
First of all and its very simple i wanted to test google forms and i'm thinking about a basic trading guide.
So the questions are mostly does my experience match the experience of others. Are my assumptions right? Do others suggest a similar ship? And what might be the reason to choose this ship over others.
Without introducing bias i think in 3.6 there is one ship which really shines.

The next step is probably a survey to get a better understanding of how trade currently works and give advice to Testies. Current websites seem to consider price but not flight time, trade times, item availablity, risk and investment. (a random example appears) while you might make a good high profit with the HULL C the overall ROI might be better with the Taurus.
And maybe there is a reason that current websites can't consider that. Maybe the problem is to complex. But maybe we can give concret advice like: If you have Ship A go to B buy C sell at D buy F and go to B and repeat.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
First of all and its very simple i wanted to test google forms and i'm thinking about a basic trading guide.
So the questions are mostly does my experience match the experience of others. Are my assumptions right? Do others suggest a similar ship? And what might be the reason to choose this ship over others.

The next step is probably a survey to get a better understanding of how trade currently works and give advice to Testies. Current websites seem to consider price but not flight time, trade times, item availablity, risk and investment. (a random example appears) while you might make a good high profit with the HULL C the overall ROI might be better with the Taurus.
And maybe there is a reason that current websites can't consider that. Maybe the problem is to complex. But maybe we can give concret advice like: If you have Ship A go to B buy C sell at D buy F and go to B and repeat.
There ya go, and yeah I got that was the plan but some might not and to be a bit more clear on ideas might help other members and some language barriers when questions are asked.
Always be as clear as possible with the goal of a project help others to get interested and more chance of engagement from others in the project idea.
This IMO might be a very useful survey if enough data is collected.. it's a good project idea and I added some suggestions to add to the survey. ;)

And survey need more black and yellow for sure 🤪

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Montoya loves me! lol

Thanks, I filled out the survey, even though I've just started trading again. Trading has sucked for the last ?? I don't know how many patches. I literally just started up again, yesterday, and I'm having a good time (again). It will be fun to start doing more routes again, and discovering different items to trade in this patch.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

You need to check out Reveir's trading app...he figures out stuff like you mentioned, i.e., flight times, trade times, how long it takes to refresh the trading item (so, do I make more money flying away now, or is it better for me to wait 10 more minutes for increased quantities to become available).

This is all from scraping what data is available, everybody is hoping that CIG releases an API for trading, but I think they may not really want to do that.

See my previous thread:

and his website:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You need to check out Reveir's trading app...he figures out stuff like you mentioned, i.e., flight times, trade times, how long it takes to refresh the trading item (so, do I make more money flying away now, or is it better for me to wait 10 more minutes for increased quantities to become available).

This is all from scraping what data is available, everybody is hoping that CIG releases an API for trading, but I think they may not really want to do that.

See my previous thread:

and his website:
As I understand it most trading data will be avail in various in game screens of the game so a external API might not be of any use when that works as intended.
But sure it would help to keep score of your own trading with a API available and for orgs to have their own trading central if that be a thing or not.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
As I understand it most trading data will be avail in various in game screens of the game so a external API might not be of any use when that works as intended.
But sure it would help to keep score of your own trading with a API available and for orgs to have their own trading central if that be a thing or not.
yeah ofc it totally depends if when and how the trading terminals are implemented. I'm not a programmer so creating an API is beyond my abilitys :)

All i can do is gather some data and try to understand how the system works and try to provide help on that. If at one point CI .. G implemented an easy to understand and useful system there is no need for an external tool.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
So here are some intermediate answers:

After almost 24 hours 12 people answered the survey. And thats actually a little bit more than i expected. Also i got some valueable feedback to improve this survey. Every answer is appreciated.

Also i would like to mention the answer "beer" as trade good is correct. :)

- More than 50% seem to like the Freelancr Max and the Caterpillar for trade. No surprise on this side for me.

- Ships which are currently not flyable and very popular are almost equally distributed across the BMM, Hull C and the Starlifter C2.
I'm a little bit surprised that no one really seems to consider the Hull A and B, yet.

- There are some more exotic suggestions for ships and their use.

- Most traders at the current state seem to invest around 20k to 40k aUec. With some really large traders with investments of beyond 100k and even above 500k aUec.

- Everyone would love to invest more money to gain more profit. (who doesn't?)

- The main reason is that they don't have enough cash. I assume that the survey might be a little to early to max out their ship.
Also 3/12 already maneged to do that.

- Most Testies are "good" and prefer legal trade and yet no one seems to have specialized in illegal trade. (I'll have to admit i don't know if illegal trade is currently very profitable in 3.6)

- Most Testies love to see the verse, travel around and don't focus ona single planetary body and its moons for trade.

I will let the survey run a little bit longer and then will dig into the data a little bit deeper. (Also make try to make nice graphs and stuff)

one more answer and maybe also a useful tip.
If there is a favorite trade good it is "metals" like titanium. But the most answer is "the one which is availabe and brings the most profit".
Ofc trade volume, your ship and availabilty is a matter which should be always considered.

Last edited:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca

See my previous thread:

and his website:
Oh yeah i'm aware of gallog.co. This is also i think my premiere go to website, at the current state of the game https://gallog.co
Also Kamille is trying to wrap his mind around that. https://sc-trading.kamille.ovh/price/
Versemate currently seems to be outdated (3.5.1). Not sure if he is active or busy with real life. http://www.versemate.com

Last edited:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Here are the results:

Contains probably some wording and some typing mistakes. I don't thing i can extract much mure data out of the exisiting survey.

i took some ideas to improve the survey and will likeley repeat it at a later time. (3.8 migth be a good time)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Here are the results:

Contains probably some wording and some typing mistakes. I don't thing i can extract much mure data out of the exisiting survey.

i took some ideas to improve the survey and will likeley repeat it at a later time. (3.8 migth be a good time)
That look awesome, great work 🍻

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't get a lot of game time right now, and I missed this survey. Work interferes with life. But I was very interested in the results. Small sample set but I found that I am not having a different experience. Thank you, and the people who participated.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I don't get a lot of game time right now, and I missed this survey. Work interferes with life. But I was very interested in the results. Small sample set but I found that I am not having a different experience. Thank you, and the people who participated.
Its still open and unmodified, but you could clearly see the results were going down after 24 hours to 0 after 3 days. (cool feature btw. ^^)
Also i realized that some questions should be better worded, as they seem to be misleading. Also i'm pretty sure the survey started to early for 3.6.1.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
and his website:
That looks like an incredibly useful bookmark! Thank you. I'll have to give it a try this weekend if I can extract myself from everything my wife went and planned. Bleh. Totally unproductive.

Forgot your password?