Trailer video - Stargate: Origins

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Is it finally coming out? also im upset with them pulling all stargate content from on VOD services like prime video and netflix so they can try to charge us to use their site :/ I love stargate. I really hope its good or they might have hurt themselves especially with the new movies coming god knows when.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Unfortunately this is where most good content is going.

Why let people pay Netflix?

Put your content on your own service, charge $10/month, make more money.
Yeah thats why I didnt support the new star trek even though I liked it. Voting with my wallet in a way. I already pay for cable and youtube tv which both get that channel, I wasn't about to pay them even more for something they should have already provided.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
You know they only clone right? Sorry to break that to you like this :smile:
Duh. They sterilized themselves in order to remove risk of pregnancy from their Bone-Dome parties. They have a MUCH more advanced culture than our own. We have a lot to learn...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I loved the Stargate series, even the average rated Universe one.
Universe was slow to start.

By the time the good alien action started, the ratings had already dropped and it was too late.

They should have started the very first episode with the alien spaceships, then done a "how did we get here" type story line.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Just watched the trailer... OMG I'm really really dissapointed!
Who the hell was given the torch to make this movie/trailer/made for TV no talent editing low quality not even on par with the expanse TV quality sad excuse for a movie trailer not even better than a fan made movie.

I'm really disappointed.

I would rather have season 3 of SGU

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Duh. They sterilized themselves in order to remove risk of pregnancy from their Bone-Dome parties. They have a MUCH more advanced culture than our own. We have a lot to learn...
Very true. After all, with all of that advanced technology, imagine the sorts of alcohol they can provide to you wonderful TESTies. I think I'll be needing a larger dumpster to help clean up after those parties get started. lols

Who the hell was given the torch to make this movie/trailer/made for TV no talent editing low quality not even on par with the expanse TV quality sad excuse for a movie trailer not even better than a fan made movie.

I'm really disappointed.

I agree, also, this trailer shows that the gate was activated decades before Dr Jackson was hired by the lady who's father discovered it. Which completely goes against Stargate canon.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I agree, also, this trailer shows that the gate was activated decades before Dr Jackson was hired by the lady who's father discovered it. Which completely goes against Stargate canon.
HOW DARE YOU MAKE ERRONEOUS CLAIMS!

Everybody knows that in Season 1, episode 11, they to a planet and discover that a scientist from 1945 had actually gone through already!

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/The_Torment_of_Tantalus

Who's to say that others did not go in before him?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I loved the Stargate series, even the average rated Universe one.

The actors in the trailer look a bit young and goofy, they have big shoes to fill.
Universe was slow to start.

By the time the good alien action started, the ratings had already dropped and it was too late.

They should have started the very first episode with the alien spaceships, then done a "how did we get here" type story line.

I'm really disappointed.

Stargate was a staple of my after school activities. lol I really enjoyed SG:U and thought they cancelled it too early. it was just getting interesting too. :( I'm unsure about this one... the trailer didn't exactly leave me amazed. we'll see.
Stargate: Universe is hands down my favourite stargate series. Hell, if they made a kickstarter to reboot it I would throw so much money at them. A new season of that is exactly what we need.
Sadly, we're stuck with this. Now, I don't know if it's actually going to suck, but the trailer could have been less... marvel-y.

Forgot your password?