Transmission completely blew. Help!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
So a couple of days ago I was visiting some friends when my transmission decided that the best thing it could do would be to strip out every single gear except for park. :mad::mad::mad: I was able to limp it to a mechanic but the tranny is a total loss. I've got a little bit of cash in savings, but I'm still going to be almost 3 grand short of the total repair cost.

Basically, I need help. I don't have any ships that I can sell, but I've got a couple of last gen phones and tech toys that I'd like to get a little bit out of.

iPhone 5s - $100 (the glass is broken, but the phone works. I could get the glass fixed for 50 bucks, but I figure if someone wants to buy it they'd like to have the repair work guaranteed)

Galaxy S5 - $120 - near perfect condition. Been in a case since the day I bought it. I have the original box and charger for it still.

Samsung Gear VR - $60 - Brand new sealed box

Also I've got a ton of the TEST mouse mats still laying around. You can check that thread here:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-squadron-desk-mat.5429/

I'm in a pretty tough place here so please pm me if you're interested. Thanks!

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
sorry, i don't have anything to give, but you might have better luck posting this in the marketplace

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So a couple of days ago I was visiting some friends when my transmission decided that the best thing it could do would be to strip out every single gear except for park. :mad::mad::mad: I was able to limp it to a mechanic but the tranny is a total loss. I've got a little bit of cash in savings, but I'm still going to be almost 3 grand short of the total repair cost.

Basically, I need help. I don't have any ships that I can sell, but I've got a couple of last gen phones and tech toys that I'd like to get a little bit out of.

iPhone 5s - $100 (the glass is broken, but the phone works. I could get the glass fixed for 50 bucks, but I figure if someone wants to buy it they'd like to have the repair work guaranteed)

Galaxy S5 - $120 - near perfect condition. Been in a case since the day I bought it. I have the original box and charger for it still.

Samsung Gear VR - $60 - Brand new sealed box

Also I've got a ton of the TEST mouse mats still laying around. You can check that thread here:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-squadron-desk-mat.5429/

I'm in a pretty tough place here so please pm me if you're interested. Thanks!
I would personally dump the car and consider getting something for 3k-ish from the local auction block (Crown Victorias regularly go for that price range, and have bombproof transmissions, and are often fitted with the same engine as a Mustang from 2007 and earlier - just be careful when you go for one at a state auction, they have a lot more mileage on the odometer than city cars).

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I would personally dump the car and consider getting something for 3k-ish from the local auction block (Crown Victorias regularly go for that price range, and have bombproof transmissions, and are often fitted with the same engine as a Mustang from 2007 and earlier - just be careful when you go for one at a state auction, they have a lot more mileage on the odometer than city cars).
If I could afford to take the risk on a used car I would look into that, but with the kiddo and travelling for work my best option is to get a solid transmission put in. The mechanic I'm using guarantees the work and tranny and the rest of the car is in great shape. If I was the original owner of the car it would be under warranty, but sadly I'm not and the transfer warranty only covers up to 60k miles.

Forgot your password?