Tried the Prospector today... Prospector is new best friend

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
Tried a lot of ships so far, but for a change of pace I decided to try out the Prospector and pretty much fell in love with this ship instantly.

The view from the cockpit is so amazing, it has everything from coffee to a shower and the ability to make tons of $. The view while flying and scanning planet surfaces is incredible...

Prospector is now my "go fund yourself" way to make sweet bank and buy ships in game for sure

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Tried a lot of ships so far, but for a change of pace I decided to try out the Prospector and pretty much fell in love with this ship instantly.

The view from the cockpit is so amazing, it has everything from coffee to a shower and the ability to make tons of $. The view while flying and scanning planet surfaces is incredible...

Prospector is now my "go fund yourself" way to make sweet bank and buy ships in game for sure
The Prospector is great. Mining is so chill...when I want to relax, I just take the Prospector out for an hour.

Plus, it reminds me of this old meme: IT JUST PRINTS MONEY! lol
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf99B_PQRUY

Reactions: Thugari

PublicWifi

Commander
Dec 14, 2018
RSI Handle
PublicWifi
If I pull a Prospector out, I tend to listen to some music or watch a movie and chill. Nice change of pace. I can earn more via trading but at least if I crash I don't lose huge chunks of cash.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
The prospector is easily going to be the first ship I buy, and most likely multiples of, when Beta/full release happens. I need to rent one at some point and see how much I like it.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I did some trading, was doing pretty good, and I was going to buy prospector with aUEC, but... I didn't factor in xmas. Oh well, maybe I'll try it in 3.4 :smile:

EDIT: Erh... Forum replaced : D with : smile : but didn't change it to smiley 😅

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
Agree that the Prospector is a great little ship. I have it and the Vulture for the same reason... just jump in and relax while making some cash. Lots of low-key fun.
Will the scanners on the DUR, for instance, be able to scan for wrecks or valuable ore? I had hoped that while I am out exploring in the DUR, I could find good spots to return to with one of those little ships. Any specifics about the DUR scanner functionality?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Indeed! The prospector is enjoyable.

I won't be able to do it for too many hours any given week, but it's definitely a great way to make UEC.

Especially in a TEST fleet! 😎

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Way back in 3.3, mining was a white knuckle thrill ride for anything worth digging for. Any lag at all could blow the ship up, and the sweet spot for fracturing was way too narrow, now I just sit back with a cup of coffee and dig until I get greifed by a 12 year old in daddy's cutlass. I can't wait until we get the Orion and we can rid the 'verse of all those pesky planets and asteroids!

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
I'll echo what others have said in that its a good ship for making money. You can make anywhere from 15K on an 'ok' run to 80K+ on a very good couple of finds depending on minerals and concentrations.
80K ??? where ???

p:s I love my Prospector as well .

Forgot your password?