Trip to Grimhex today

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
A trip to GrimHex?

I wager a lot of you havn't been there since Jump Town closed down.

I haven't been there since sometime between the patch that stopped you spawning at Grimhex if you were naughty and the other patch that stopped you choosing your initial spawning in point at Olisar. I've had zero reason to go over there... that is until a couple of weeks ago when I was killed with my Rail Gun drawn and I lost the damned thing, and since then I'm walking around with 10 clips for it in my back pocket but nothing to fire 'em off with. I'd been meaning to go pick up a new one but didn't really have the time, but today I was granted with a spare hour so I jumped in a Connie and jammed it over to GH.

Well, my first surprise was calling up a pad about 10km out and lining up on the pads, only to find the icon had vanished... I recalled Air Traffic Control and they responded that request had already been dealt with. I dipped my nose and the icon is buried in the asteroid. I skirt round and there they are: enclosed hangars! I have no idea if they still use the pads on the surface, but there are loads of hangars, the elevator indicated 13 in total.

During my travels through the place to track down the gun shop, a lot is familiar however there are some new things I wasn't expecting - a Scramble Race gambling office and concourse, with observation windows looking out over the patch of space I assume the racetrack is going to inhabit. Doesn't seem to be operational yet, there are signs everywhere saying the track has to be cleared of debris before the next one can commence.

I picked up another Scourge and some clips for my electron pistol.

While heading out a dude in white armour followed me to the hangar where my Connie was waiting. I had no way of inviting them on board, I opened all the ships doors but they didn't join me so I took off and turned the pointy end toward the infinite void, booked it away in QD for a few seconds, dropped to zero and logged out in bed. Sorry whoever you were, dude, I'd have been happy to drop you off over at Olisar.

All in all, a taste of familiarity with some interesting new twists I'd recomend taking a moment to go take a shifty at if you have not been over there in a while.

Forgot your password?