TST DE NOOB PLEASE ADVISE AR

ContingencyPlan

Lieutenant
Dec 6, 2013
RSI Handle
ContingencyPlan
Hey,

Buddy in the fleet just showed me star citizen, and i'm mad excited for it. I'm looking at pledging, and it seems Auroras are pretty acceptable here? It seems like you guys are the most active group in Reddfaction, and as an active Redditor and ex-too-many-fucking-hours-in-WoWer, this interests me.

I've read the into documents on what ship to buy, important mechanics and stuff like that. In a few months, I'll be rotated back onto a shore posting (I'm in the Navy) and i'll be looking at pledging. I have an account on RSI.

Should I just wait, or should I go ahead and pick up an Aurora now?

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
First off, welcome! Glad you're interested in TEST Squadron. Auroras are absolutely acceptable, in fact I think most people will be flying one. Actually I think most people will end up flying more than one, although not at one time. Lotsa 'splosions.

As for when to pledge, I'm not sure if Alpha/Beta access will be available forever, or if that matters to you. That said, the dogfighting module is due to be released some time this winter (mid-January seems like a decent estimate), so if you want to wait until that's released to decide whether or not to pledge that wouldn't be a bad plan. You've missed the deadline for Lifetime Insurance (LTI), but don't sweat it. In all honesty the only reason I reckon it would come in handy would be to recoup some of the costs of our many shattered Auroras, but it should be cheap enough in-game that it ultimately won't matter.

If you have any questions about TEST Corps, TEST Squadron, or TESTies, don't hesitate to ask! We live to serve.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
There's a limited number of Alpha slots. There's a counter for it on the homepage of RSI. Speculation is that there'll be an influx of people when the dogfighting module drops, so if it's important to you to be able to play alpha stage stuff, it might be worthwhile to pick up that Aurora before that module drops (probably in January). You can get a starter pledge package for as low as US$40.

If you don't care about Alpha access, there'll also be a Beta before the game launches.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Grab the Aurora LN package.

Its $45, gets you everything you need.

I have one, its pretty!

Yes, there is teamspeak, we share a server with the other TEST groups, but since we do not have a game out yet, our channel is usually empty unless we have scheduled something.

Server Info:
  • Server: testoutfit.info
  • Port: default

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Yes, there is teamspeak, we share a server with the other TEST groups, but since we do not have a game out yet, our channel is usually empty unless we have scheduled something.
Should we schedule something like scary story night or drunken gaming night?

Reactions: Flipper

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Soup spoon, dessert spoon, tea spoon, and eyeball spoon.

Our Industry division can specialize in sterling silver utensil sets, for the discriminating spacer.

Forgot your password?