Turbulent vs. CIG community management

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That's the thing - I don't believe they wanted a refreshed integrated forum, I believe they wanted a Reddit and I don't think that desire has gone away.

Upvoting, whats hot rather than whats latest, that heinous nesting as default rather than chronological, you cant put an image in a post it has to be in a seperate post-box, you cant include video it has to be seperate, no polls, only recently did we get an Ignore feature, only relatively recently did we even get the ability to flag posts, only recently did we get search a basic of any community to the point when you join up you are told to look for old threads on a subject using search before making a new one... None of it seems fluid, its jarring, when was the last time you had to stop typing, click to open and image window, click to load an image and click to open a new text window to start typing again? There are three too many clicks just to put a meme on a post.

it's not a forum and every part that has been made to be a like a forum seems to have been at community demand rather than dev initiation. I don't think it's ever supposed to have been a forum and I think they arn't delighted that the community wants it to be one.

By the way, whats a Reddit?
Valid points. I'm going to have to ponder this But what I do know is Spectrum as you mentioned not very effective at what ever its attempting to be.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
There doesn't seem to be much disagreement concerning the bad state spectrum is in. Now what would be proper channels to express this concern? It's not visible in the spectrum feedback because of "heinous nesting" and because noone cares to go there especially not the webdevs or community managers unless someone gets really vocal and banned for it. Is it any different in the consierge forum? I'll probably find out during annivarsary sale but would be interesting to know whether that status actually helps to get a reply.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
CIG is just wasting time and resources re-inventing the wheel for the sake of 'immersion'

Spectrum is just one of a dozen items on CIG's to-do list - hell, they're not even doing it in-house

comms are Discord's entire business - who do you think is going to do it better?

I predict TEST fleet ops will be using Discord

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Is Spectrum still a thing?
I think given the zero reaction I receive on this topic (or any other) there it's probably a more viable solution to not go there anymore...
I mean I get it. We all agree it's a bad place and something should be done about it but hissing any banners (do some mouseclicks) because of it? -nah

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm in spectrum 24/7 and those channels I am in are very cool laid back and active. CHEERS!

Forgot your password?