Twitch Streaming group?

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Does TEST have one of those fancy coalitions on Twitch? Streaming networks, I think they're called?

Since I work during the day, I would volunteer as a member of the TEST Night Streamers. :D

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
They are called Stream Teams and the only way to start one is to be a Twitch Partner. If I ever get partnered, creating a stream team for TEST will be the first thing I do!

A few TEST streamers, including myself, are currently on BadNewBaron's stream team, Bad News Gaming, which you can check out here: http://www.twitch.tv/team/bng

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
They are called Stream Teams and the only way to start one is to be a Twitch Partner. If I ever get partnered, creating a stream team for TEST will be the first thing I do!

A few TEST streamers are currently on BadNewBaron's stream team, which you can check out here: http://www.twitch.tv/team/bng
Ah, didn't know they were "Stream Teams." Also, why haven't you hit TP, yet? Any specific requirements beyond "Be super popular"?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

A few TEST streamers, including myself, are currently on BadNewBaron's stream team, Bad News Gaming, which you can check out here: http://www.twitch.tv/team/bng
WHY HE NO MAKE STREAM TEAM AND CALL IT CRASH CAM GAMING?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Also, why haven't you hit TP, yet? Any specific requirements beyond "Be super popular"?
Twitch takes into account a lot of different factors when considering streamers for partnership, but the biggest one is concurrent viewers. You need to average ~200 or more per day consistently to be seriously considered. While I've had plenty of 200+ days, they haven't been regular enough and I've been rejected for partnership three times at this point.

Part of my issue is that I only stream 2 hours every weekday versus the 4+ that most people stream, which helps them have more concurrent viewers over the course of a stream. I wish I could stream more, but with a full-time job, I just can't stream that many hours a day and still stay relatively sane. I do randomly stream on weekends for longer periods from time to time, but not regularly enough to count in the long run.

At the end of the day, I'm not streaming just to hopefully get partnered. Yes, it would be nice, but I'm doing this for fun. And what a gigantic pile of fun it has been for nearly 8 months now. :D

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Twitch takes into account a lot of different factors when considering streamers for partnership, but the biggest one is concurrent viewers. You need to average ~200 or more per day consistently to be seriously considered. While I've had plenty of 200+ days, they haven't been regular enough and I've been rejected for partnership three times at this point.
200? This is what their site says:

Twitch said:
To qualify as a Twitch Partner, we look for:

• Average concurrent viewership of 500+ (not just a one-time peak)
  • Regular broadcast schedule of at least 3 times a week
  • Content that conforms to our Terms of Service and DMCA Guidelines
Minimum broadcast requirements are a general guideline. Exceptions are handled on a case by case basis. We're always excited by broadcasters who stream unique games!
Am I missing something else? I know it says it allows exceptions case by case. I feel like they should definitely make an exception for you since you are 5 days a week and SC is still kind of small due to being pre-alpha. Also because of you BNG affiliation you'd think it'd help a little.

Last edited:

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
They say ~500 in general, but for daily streamers, they seem to lower the requirement to ~200-250 from what I've seen.

Again, concurrent viewers is only one facet. They do take into account total followers, consistency, show approach, and length per stream. This last one puts me at a disadvantage, but I try to bring a fast-paced, high-energy feel to my short show on Twitch. ;)

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
They say ~500 in general, but for daily streamers, they seem to lower the requirement to ~200-250 from what I've seen.

Again, concurrent viewers is only one facet. They do take into account total followers, consistency, show approach, and length per stream. This last one puts me at a disadvantage, but I try to bring a fast-paced, high-energy feel to my short show on Twitch. ;)
500x3 = 1500 viewers
200x5 = 1000 viewers

Essentially, they want you to have over 1000 viewers in a week.

Also, if I get this house (which, we'll know more soon enough), I'll be able to stream more than a few times a night, during the week. Of course, I won't interfere with you, Capt ;)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Gah, there's limits to what I can watch. You have a highly entertaining, high-energy stream with lots of participation, and even then 2 hours is just about enough for me. I can't imagine sitting there for 3, 4, or more hours watching someone else stream. They'd have to be ludicrously entertaining for that.

Reactions: CitizenDad
C

CaptainHavoc

I'm willing to stream/wingman to boost numbers %70 of the day. Just if I start getting spammed/annoyed I'm breaking out a corona.

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
Am I the only one who just never 'got' streaming?

I mean, yeah I'm down for watching things like CIG events etc, but I've never understood the idea of streaming games like that?

Farasalt

Vice Admiral
Mar 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Farasalt
Personally, I tend to chill out watching someone stream for one of two reasons:

1) Great humor and chat interaction (I'm looking at you and your fart jokes @CaptainRichard )

2) Great skill.

Watching someone who is really good at a game can be very informative and entertaining - It's something I try to do around once a week.

I will, however, watch people who are great at interaction and being "fun" on a daily basis.

Forgot your password?