[UK] X52 Pro Saitek HOTAS

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Happened across this at a car boot today and despite having one myself I couldn't turn it down. Thought I'd offer it to Testies before braving EBAY with it I'm looking for £50 with free postage to the UK

Full disclosure since I have the ability to compare to my (relatively) new version: The stick is fairly stiff (tbh this is probably a plus, a foppy stick is a common X52 complaint)), the missile switch cover doesn't have the snap that it should have and the light doesn't always change from red to green (trivial, just an aesthetic thing).All of the axis work well, but the trottle HAT doesn't seem to read left directions, it's fine with up/down/right though, the big flat button on the joystick seems to be a bit loose, you have to press it square in the middle for it to read consistantly, if you press it softly at an angle it'll flicker on/off. There are no suckers that are normally used to affix it to a desk. The first time I plugged it in the lights on the Throttle didn't come on correctly, but when I plugged it in the second time for photos that worked fine, I can easily imagine that my PC was a bit confused for having 2 of the same HOTAS plugged into it.

Other than that, and the fact that it's drty, the stick is in good condition, all the other buttons are working fine and I can recommend the stick from personal experience.

Let me know if you want to see more pices/have any questions.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Incredible deal, question, is it dirty or worn out ? Like on the throttle part where your palm of your left hand would go

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
If anyone is worried about dirt then I could spend some time one day cleaning it up a bit, pretty sure it's dirt rather than decay

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Would snap up this deal in a heartbeat if I lived in UK.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Question to @CGPepper and @Lienna - x52 have rudder axis (twist), but you still use rudder pedals? Why? More precision / immersion / etc?

As someone who looks for a rudder pedals now (since i got hotas warthog) i'm really interested in some rudder pedals opinions...

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
The twist on the X52 is usable but imprecise, you also may find yourself activating slight twists when you make hard turns which can mess up your manoeuvres.

That being said I'm still not used to my pedals, it takes some practice to be accurate with them at first, but the extra 3 axis are much appreciated (atm I have 1 for roll, then the toe brakes are set to read button presses past 10% meaning that I can use them for spacebrake and boost, another good alternative is to leave them as axis for thrusting up/down). The X52 twist function can be disabled on the fly by pulling out the tab at the bottom of the stick.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Question to @CGPepper and @Lienna - x52 have rudder axis (twist), but you still use rudder pedals? Why? More precision / immersion / etc?

As someone who looks for a rudder pedals now (since i got hotas warthog) i'm really interested in some rudder pedals opinions...
Unlike Lienna, twist actually works great for me. I use a fairly large deadzone and a steep curve. There is no need for it to be precise in SC.
Bought pedals after trying HOJAM. Because you sacrifice your throttle for a mouse, my left pedal does the throttling (reversed, so the more you press the slower the ship goes, like a break), and boost on my right pedal. It basically feels like driving a car.
Twist axis is probably the only reason i haven't bought a warthog yet

Last edited:
Forgot your password?