Unobtainium(Quantainium)

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
So for those of you that are wanting to mine the resource I have a quick little spill about it and how to succeed at mining and selling it.

First thing you want to watch out for is that lovely warning light on your ship. There are 3 phases to this light.

Phase 1 is a slow beep with a yellow light indicating that the material is becoming unstable, this light will start to flash depending on a few different variables that have to deal with your ship. Thruster use, hard landings, mainly things that have an effect on the g-forces applied to your ship. I have seen it go into phase 1 as early as 7min from extracting to as late as 18min 45seconds.

Phase 2 is the yellow flashing light with beeping but faster and more annoying. Phase 2 times have varied from 5min up to 9min but I'm sure there are ways to make that happen quicker or slower.

Phase 3 Red flashing light with very rapid beeping. This means you have less than 30 seconds to jettision your cargo. With the Mole this is accomplished by using your interact key and using your mouse to click on the "jettison cargo" that shows up over the light. (as of this posting I have not done it in the prospector but I have been told its jettisoned through the hatch on the aft section of the ship on the outside) << Has not been confirmed.

If you get back to an area where you can store your ship, storing your ship STOPS THE DECAY of the cargo so that will give you more time to sell it.

But M1th what if I don't want to Jettison that wonderful valuable cargo I just mined out into space? I'm glad you asked testie, well if you don't jettison this wonderful pricey cargo then it will become even more expensive when it blows up your ship.

Now if you do happen to get some of this ORE mined and sold there are a few things I would love to hear from you all about it.

From the time that you extracted it into your ship to the time you got to each of the phases, 1,2,3. That way we can see if there is a good average to base it off of.

Did you happen to have any bumps in the "road" as you were trying to get it back to sell it?

Did you blow up your ship?

Did you find mining it easy or harder than other ores?

Do you think you will search out just this ORE to mine?

Do you have any tips for making this process easier that you have found that you would like to pass on?

Let me know what you guys think, I'm always happy to hear of others success stories.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Quantanium should only be mined to top off a load or mined first if a large enough rock presents itself. a Military class Quantum drive is a MUST for mining the stuff as it has the speed to get you back to the planet. The greater the concentration the more instability it'll have when mining like the old pre-3.7 Laranite. The most ideal places to mine it are around Levski and Olisar because you don't have to go halfway across the city to sell it. E-Commerce doesn't exist in 2950 afterall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Hey @M1TH did you post the timing that we found w/ Unobtainium here somewhere? I was just yapping w/ Sunder and told him that we timed that but I can't find the numbers from last weekend... it was 4/25 or 4/26.

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
Times I have are, 13.5min 1st alarm, 22:12 to 2nd Alarm, 25:36 to 3rd. Second time we did it was 18:45 and we never got to the nect phase cause sold it. Ive been trying to time more as I find it but it went live so I have to get my helix head so i can go mine more.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
... and we never got to the next phase cause sold it. I've been trying to time more as I find it but it went live so I have to get my helix head so i can go mine more.
@Black Sunder and I have been talking about gathering times as well, perhaps a group effort?

Forgot your password?