• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well what are you looking to do eventually in the verse the most? Do you want an everyday ship that can do normal things or do you want a purpose built industrial ship to tear apart wrecks and process them? Both have the same crew requirement iirc.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Hey guys.

I currently own the Constellation Andromeda, what are your thoughts on upgrading to the Reclaimer?
If the Connie is your only ship, then I'd vote no. You will get more use from the Connie. The Reclaimer is a one trick pony. A cool looking one, IMHO, but still limited. Now on the other hand if you have another multi role ship, then flip that coin.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
If you do the CCU, I believe you will get a Connie to fly until the Reclaimer is flight ready anyway. Or you could do the CCU and let it sit in your hangar without applying it, and still fly your Connie. I believe that the pure salvage guys in SC are really going to have to hustle to make a living, which is why I decided on an Orion a little while ago. I've already got a couple Prospectors and some cargo boats to haul the rocks, so mining is going to be a big part of my mighty empire. But you still have to find your wrecks and rocks. Have you considered a Carrack?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
If you do the CCU, I believe you will get a Connie to fly until the Reclaimer is flight ready anyway. Or you could do the CCU and let it sit in your hangar without applying it, and still fly your Connie. I believe that the pure salvage guys in SC are really going to have to hustle to make a living, which is why I decided on an Orion a little while ago. I've already got a couple Prospectors and some cargo boats to haul the rocks, so mining is going to be a big part of my mighty empire. But you still have to find your wrecks and rocks. Have you considered a Carrack?
Pay no attention to the ramblings above, I am an undisciplined idiot. I just melted a 350r game package and CCUed an LTI hornet Ghost for a Reclaimer. It really makes no difference that this was my original intention, I'm still a moron because I laid out a perfectly reasonable and logical argument for the Orion. Now if you will excuse me, I must journey to the seediest part of town and do despicable things for money to purchase an Orion. Maybe I'll sell a redundant bodily organ. I doubt Chris Roberts envisioned this.:cry:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Pay no attention to the ramblings above, I am an undisciplined idiot. I just melted a 350r game package and CCUed an LTI hornet Ghost for a Reclaimer. It really makes no difference that this was my original intention, I'm still a moron because I laid out a perfectly reasonable and logical argument for the Orion. Now if you will excuse me, I must journey to the seediest part of town and do despicable things for money to purchase an Orion. Maybe I'll sell a redundant bodily organ. I doubt Chris Roberts envisioned this.:cry:
High Five!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Now if you will excuse me, I must journey to the seediest part of town and do despicable things for money to purchase an Orion. Maybe I'll sell a redundant bodily organ. I doubt Chris Roberts envisioned this.:cry:
Your missus said you hadn't used it for quite some time. I'd sell it and get a Banu Merchantman. Much more useful!

:)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Honestly, unless you're willing to buy both, I would say no. As others have stated above, the Reclaimer is mainly a one trick pony. Not only that, but it will likely be useless by itself. The way I see it playing out, is that you will need a scout ship first. You will likely need a high endurance, low overhead ship to scout out the solar systems. I'm thinking something like a 315p or a Freelancer DUR. Once you scout out a wreck, you will have to swap out with your Reclaimer to pick up the "free" loot. I doubt the Reclaimer will be cheap enough, or the wrecks plentiful enough to just wander around from solar system to solar system looking for wrecks.

Now the Andromeda, that's just useful for a whole pile of things. It won't be wildly profitable, but it won't be wildly expensive to run either. So ultimately, the Andromeda will prove to be far more useful in almost every situation. That's why I wouldn't suggest trading one for the other. The reclaimer really shouldn't be your only ship.

My suggestion would be one of two things. Either save up more or head in a different direction. For instance, with the $125 you would have spent upgrading to a Reclaimer, you can get a Mustang Delta (fun as hell to fly and fight in) and a Hull A (for EZ-mode single player cargo runs). Alternatively, you can save up a little more and buy a CCU to a Caterpiller which is a much more versatile and still user friendly ship. It also has the benefit of being probably THE most useful ship in the entire lineup.

Through it all though, please keep in mind that you are in TEST. There are crew opportunities all the time because there are quite a few of us with large ships already. That means that the large ship gameplay and profitability will be there even if you are not the owner of the ship. Hell, there's apparently 3 fucking Javelins in the org now...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Well what are you looking to do eventually in the verse the most? Do you want an everyday ship that can do normal things or do you want a purpose built industrial ship to tear apart wrecks and process them? Both have the same crew requirement iirc.
If the Connie is your only ship, then I'd vote no. You will get more use from the Connie. The Reclaimer is a one trick pony. A cool looking one, IMHO, but still limited. Now on the other hand if you have another multi role ship, then flip that coin.
If you don't have other ships, the sensible thing to do would be to stick to the more versatile Constellation. If you're really into salvage, though, get the Reclaimer. If you feel you need another, smaller ship, for the beginning of the game, I'm sure anyone in TEST would be more than happy to let you borrow one.
The number of extra ships we'll have will far surpass the number of ship-less comrads, so why let them gather dust in the hangars?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey guys.

I currently own the Constellation Andromeda, what are your thoughts on upgrading to the Reclaimer?
I liked the posts before - which doesn't necessarily mean that I read 'em. Well, I didn't. Just my suggestion: if you are in two minds about those ships, keep the Andromeda (quite nice ship, very flexible usage!) and buy yourself a CCU Aquila -> Reclaimer. Probably melt it tomorrow for having the ingame funds for further use (as you know, you'll keep the CCU as buyback option). Thus you can decide later whether upgrade the Andromeda (via Aquila) or buying the Reclaimer additionally to the Andromeda (hence buy Aquila first, then use the corresponding CCU)
Ergo: No need to rush the decision!
/0.02$ ;)
Cheers!
Sam

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I liked the posts before - which doesn't necessarily mean that I read 'em. Well, I didn't. Just my suggestion: if you are in two minds about those ships, keep the Andromeda (quite nice ship, very flexible usage!) and buy yourself a CCU Aquila -> Reclaimer. Probably melt it tomorrow for having the ingame funds for further use (as you know, you'll keep the CCU as buyback option). Thus you can decide later whether upgrade the Andromeda (via Aquila) or buying the Reclaimer additionally to the Andromeda (hence buy Aquila first, then use the corresponding CCU)
Ergo: No need to rush the decision!
/0.02$ ;)
Cheers!
Sam
Bolded the important part. This will also insulate you from a price increase later.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
The cheaper ships are going to be easier to get early in game, with in-game creds. As long as you have PU access and you can fly something around during Alpha (which will probably be lasting quite a while) there's nothing wrong with getting a biggun'. You could get a reclaimer, then later on (or at the same time today), get something that you can start the game with and work up to being able to operate that big old beast. All depends on how you want to focus your efforts :)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
That kind of decision needs to be informed by the interests of the players you connect with. If you meet up with several peeps in your time slot who want to go Reclaiming, then buy a Reclaimer. BTW, they should be just fine for transport as well, so it is hardly a one trick pony. It is good for swallowing EMP'd fighters whole as well, so great for piracy and privateering too.

Forgot your password?