(USA) Be wary of PerformancePCs.com

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So I ordered 4 gtx 980ti kingpin water blocks from performancepcs.com once they came in they were 980 kingpin blocks. No big worries, except that they seem to be doing this alot for everyone. people reporting getting 290x blocks instead of 390x getting EK EVO supreme instead of EK EVO supremacy. So if you are in the USA, be wary of this website, with frozencpu.com down I know it is one of the few sources for water blocks at the moment.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Sounds like they're setting themselves up for a lawsuit. When you advertise something and ship something else, that's essentially a violation of consumer trust...and laws.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
FrozenCPU is down ? Its just a hub for vendors to sell or resell stuff, really. The owner was a guy named Mark or Mike, I forget, think you can just email him at the same name/domain, probably hook you up direct for whatever your searching for.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
FrozenCPU is up and fine.
Last I heard is that they were still doen if yhey are up then great. I never had problems with frozencpu until that incident last year. Also frozencpu has much cheaper shipping.

Lead Poisoning

Space Marshal
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
LeadPoisoning
Are you sure they are back? Last year they got robbed and decided to close down afterwards. Their website is up, but I don't think anyone is home, unless that has changed. If so that is some GREAT news!! :D

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
okay, so I talked to mark (the owner), he now has let others run it, but he still owns it, but others are running it. I offered to help them sort some issues out, like as an example they had to payoff EK which was over 100,000USD before EK sends them more stock .. silly things, seems mark ran the business into the ground and some of the employee's started selling stock off the back of a truck so to speak.

Things picking up, I offered to bail them out for a share of the IP. Guess we will see where this goes. Would love to also own part FrozenCPU. Dealt with them for over a decade, like a hallmark to me.

Any stock you see on their site is still good to sell. You will find various things from certain vendors OUT OF STOCK until business resumes fully.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
PPC has never been an issue for me. Multiple thousands in orders in, I had a few issues but they always resolved them well.

Mess ups happen. Even Newegg has them from time to time. Its hard finding reputable water parts from anywhere else really right now plus overall its fairly reasonable (Minus shipping)

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
okay, so I talked to mark (the owner), he now has let others run it, but he still owns it, but others are running it. I offered to help them sort some issues out, like as an example they had to payoff EK which was over 100,000USD before EK sends them more stock .. silly things, seems mark ran the business into the ground and some of the employee's started selling stock off the back of a truck so to speak.

Things picking up, I offered to bail them out for a share of the IP. Guess we will see where this goes. Would love to also own part FrozenCPU. Dealt with them for over a decade, like a hallmark to me.

Any stock you see on their site is still good to sell. You will find various things from certain vendors OUT OF STOCK until business resumes fully.
wow yeah man if you can keep them going. i also remember them from over a decade ago and they have always been the go to source for overclockers and cooling needs.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
PPC has never been an issue for me. Multiple thousands in orders in, I had a few issues but they always resolved them well.

Mess ups happen. Even Newegg has them from time to time. Its hard finding reputable water parts from anywhere else really right now plus overall its fairly reasonable (Minus shipping)

I never had a problem and they didnt start to have problems until about 2-3 montha ago. Ordered 60 something fittings of same type and size. Ended up with various sizes but right color. Along with all the acrylic tubeing being correct but 1. Now 4 wring blocks. I understand mistakes but this is getting out of hand because i have to pay return costs and they have the nerve to demand a 20% restock cost. Whether its laziness, new employee, or simply holiday stress they need to remedy this.

I must say my dealings with frozencpu were always faster and correct.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
The problem with warehousing, while sure, it can definitely make a lot of money, it you get new employee's who suffer from laziness and do not know their way around the warehouse/back of the store, your screwed, you will always have the wrong order going out, and then inventory starts to get screwed up, and then nothing in the system is right. The warehouse would have to start overstocking to just guarantee that when it says its low on stock, that it actually still has stock even. Big bloody mess. Anyways, once it starts - its downhill. All the way.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I never had a problem and they didnt start to have problems until about 2-3 montha ago. Ordered 60 something fittings of same type and size. Ended up with various sizes but right color. Along with all the acrylic tubeing being correct but 1. Now 4 wring blocks. I understand mistakes but this is getting out of hand because i have to pay return costs and they have the nerve to demand a 20% restock cost. Whether its laziness, new employee, or simply holiday stress they need to remedy this.

I must say my dealings with frozencpu were always faster and correct.
Call your credit card company, request a refund of your transaction. Tell them you did not receive what you paid for and the seller demands that you pay them extra to fix their own mistake. They will return your money immediately. Then send PPC a mail demanding 20% reorder fee and 20% processing fees for the return of the products. Mess em up good.

Forgot your password?