[USAF / ARMY / NAVY / MARINES / CIV] - PMEL and TMDE

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Yeah i guess you can say that to a point but saying which area you are in general wouldnt really be PERSEC. Now if i asked whats your address, phone number, and the building you work in then yeah definately PERSEC.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I can make the Kessel run in under 12 PERSECs.

On a different note, SpaceX emailed me back and said they would not be moving forward. No surprise. It seems this is a specific position with a specific skillset. Looks like I'll be moving to the Bahamas once HR gets hold of me for the other job. Even if for some weird reason that doesn't go through ( manager said I'm a really good fit for his team and he wan'ts me on board) it's really no sweat in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: Bambooza

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
PMEL was a certification given to our tools. Example: torque wrench needed to be calibrated and certified x times a year. But I'm sure you know a hell of a lot more about it then me. I just used the tools and scheduled them for maintenance. Wish you the best with spacex

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
PMEL was a certification given to our tools. Example: torque wrench needed to be calibrated and certified x times a year. But I'm sure you know a hell of a lot more about it then me. I just used the tools and scheduled them for maintenance. Wish you the best with spacex
Thanks man. Yeah That's about the extent of the experience I had. I managed our PMEL program, which had about 900+ items so I know all about the inspection / cal requirements, but we let the Lab do the precision cals for TMDE. I did system cals on aircraft but that's a whole different story.

SpaceX emailed me back today saying I wasn't what the team lead was looking for, which I kinda figured. I wouldn't have kept my clearance if I went with them, so it looks like I'll be taking the job in the islands supporting the US Navy.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
SpaceX emailed me back today saying I wasn't what the team lead was looking for, which I kinda figured. I wouldn't have kept my clearance if I went with them, so it looks like I'll be taking the job in the islands supporting the US Navy.
Sorry to hear that Jolly. Support in the islands doesn't sound bad either. Keep aiming for the stars, one day you'll achieve your goals.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And here I was thinking that it worked out for the best. Now we have a inside man for all the cash stored in off shore accounts. :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Keep aiming for the stars, one day you'll achieve your goals.
Very good advice. If you have patience, preparation and persistence you can achieve any goal. Where one or two are lacking, you will probably miss your target. That is not a failure, because as long as you're on the journey it's easier to fix than it was to start the journey in the first place.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Aviation Electronics Technician. No ship, just P-3C Orions.
I'm sure you already know i was a Nuke so i never saw light of day. I was on board the 73 while it was stationed here in japan. Now i just work as a civilian doing other stuff now(cant be specific). Can you beleive about the Fat Leonard scandal? that was pretty crazy Capt Lausman was caught in all that. So glad he got caught that guy was a real peice of work never met someone so disrespectful and demoralizing in my life.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm sure you already know i was a Nuke so i never saw light of day. I was on board the 73 while it was stationed here in japan. Now i just work as a civilian doing other stuff now(cant be specific). Can you beleive about the Fat Leonard scandal? that was pretty crazy Capt Lausman was caught in all that. So glad he got caught that guy was a real peice of work never met someone so disrespectful and demoralizing in my life.
ive no idea what story or scandal you are refering to...

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
ive no idea what story or scandal you are refering to...
Large scale corruption scandal and singularly the largest leak of classified data and intelligence to a foreign or corporate power. Over 350 officers and NCO's were caught up in it. Considered by us in the Intel field to be as damaging or more as the Snowden leaks.
I do want to note, outside of some areas of the Navy and Intelligence fields almost no one paid it any attention.

Forgot your password?