USB Hubs (solved)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I use this one, make it easy to turn off a unit if you don't need it or if you need to reset a unit instead of pulling the cord out and put it in a gain..

I use a 7 port version of this but only found this on Amazon,.. with on /off switch for each channel.

https://www.amazon.com/Raidsonic-ICY-BOX-IB-HUB1405-USB/dp/B075556D5F/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=ICY+BOX+USB+HUB&qid=1584360582&sr=8-15

There are a lot of other version with on /off switches but I do recommend a hub with on/off for each channel.

CHEERS! 🍻
That's gorgeous. I'll look into this is I have any issues with my current setup. I have attached everything, but have yet to test everything, as I have a 4 year old who requires some attention.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I use this one, make it easy to turn off a unit if you don't need it or if you need to reset a unit instead of pulling the cord out and put it in a gain..

I use a 7 port version of this but only found this on Amazon,.. with on /off switch for each channel.

https://www.amazon.com/Raidsonic-ICY-BOX-IB-HUB1405-USB/dp/B075556D5F/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=ICY+BOX+USB+HUB&qid=1584360582&sr=8-15

There are a lot of other version with on /off switches but I do recommend a hub with on/off for each channel.

CHEERS! 🍻
That's a really cool one, gonna save that for my future upgrades! Thanks!

Yup, it came with the monitor. Lol. Regular USB on one end, USB type B on the other. Mouse, keyboard and USB speakers are now tied into my monitor. That was shit simple.

Thanks a million lads. Y'all are life savers.
Glad to hear it, have fun!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's that added difficulty setting, but I hear it's very rewarding!
Very rewarding! Best days of my life, to be honest. And with schools being closed down, Grampa visiting, and social distancing being practiced, there's plenty of things to be doing.
Glad to hear it, have fun!
Thank you kindly!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
As others have already pointed out: get a USB hub with its own separate power source just to be on the safe side, or an internal one if you got a free header.

One more thing, win10 and some mobos can be bitchy about USB3 ports (if I plug in one USB 3 device at the back my front panel doesn't work sometimes and such nonsense). If you don't need it to be specifically USB3 for high data transfer like an external disk drive, I'd go for a USB 2, but with a modern system like yours you'd be most likely have zero issues with USB3 as well.
Yeah, Win10 is weird that way (and sucks in a lot of other ways).

I have all my joysticks and important crap plugged directly into the PC USB ports...my keyboard, 2 mice, and headphones I have just plugged into a cheapo, unpowered, USB 2 hub I got for USD 10. Works fine!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Looking forward to my adventure beginning this August
Get ready for the most rewarding experience of your life! Other than a few rough spots during puberty (during which you and mom will lose about 75 IQ points you gain back after that's over) the only really rough spots are toilet training, then teaching them to go directly to the bathroom instead of telling you when they are going to puke... which inevitably uses up the time they could have used to get to the toilet. You will remember that warm sticky feeling on your arm for the rest of your life.
You'll also end up a daughter's hero forever, and a son's best friend.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Best of luck! It is the best thing ever, even if you have to postpone some "crashing into the sun" type of things lol
Or in other words:
I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took a Lego in the knee...
Get ready for the most rewarding experience of your life! Other than a few rough spots during puberty (during which you and mom will lose about 75 IQ points you gain back after that's over) the only really rough spots are toilet training, then teaching them to go directly to the bathroom instead of telling you when they are going to puke... which inevitably uses up the time they could have used to get to the toilet. You will remember that warm sticky feeling on your arm for the rest of your life.
You'll also end up a daughter's hero forever, and a son's best friend.
Thank you!

Forgot your password?