Using cashback on prepaid cards to get free space ships

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Hey hi testies,

A friend of mine from uni (doctorate in nano techs) advised me to get an MCO prepaid card, which offers different levels of cashback on all card transactions, depending on how much we pledge for their crypto currency when ordering the card. The pledge (called stake) is locked for 6 months, after which it is unlocked and we can withdraw it if we don't want to use the card.

In the meantime the cashback ranges from 1% (basic free card) to 5% (exponential investment for millionaires - at least), and the cards come with various levels of benefits explained here, with other temporary offers, e.g. in the UK we have 10% cash back this month on grocery shopping.

It is essentially a prepaid card, I have now the overall 2% cashback, which requires a pledge of 250$, I'll explain why that one below. It comes with a rebate on spotify (up to 12.99$), in addition to the cashback from grocery, other shopping etc. that should give me a cashback of 8-10$ a month, which is overall nice since I do listen to music, eat food and only use cards. When withdrawing the pledge, the main benefits end, and only the 1% cashback remains to make it equal to the free account, which is sweet.

On top of that, there is a referral program that gives both the referrer and referred 50$ cashback when using each other's codes, provided we pledge 250$ for the 2% level or above, and that amount can be withdrawn or traded immediately, while the stake remains locked for 6 months.

If you're interested in crypto, their value proposition is appealing, while their platform is growing, and allows you to trade etc. right now it is getting some media attention, I'd recommend following their program. If you're only interested in cashback, you can get the free account, which doesn't require any pledge/stake for 1% cashback, but I'd suggest the following.

We could make little clusters of 5 people for the 250$ pledge each so we can withdraw the bonus from referrals immediately to even out our 6-month pledges, after that, both the accumulated cashback and the now "free pledge" we withdraw should give us some pretty sweet ships :)

Pledging by groups of five is very low risk as we can withdraw the money immediately, I've done it once with that friend and the 50$ is unlocked for both when the referred pledge is activated. For teams of power space rangers, this could be a free redeemer for Q4 2020, by doing nothing but using a prepaid card, given the MCO price is held equal after that period of time, adding to that both monthly cashback and rebates.

Let me know if you have any question, and we can make a spreadsheet with codes before pledging if we have enough interest. Looking at data curves it seems to me a good time to get into this one now that the price fluctuates around 5$ a coin, and the cashback can be withdrawn anytime... so I'm already in. Having the 250$ stake locked on the app could be risky if the value of the MCO crypto currency drops in 6 months, so it remains a gamble to a certain extent, but the pay off could be even greater as the crypto gains in attention and value.

Forgot your password?