Valetines Day Sale - Place your bets

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Lol yeah the Mercury is pretty awesome, I guess I was just expecting something unique that we have not seen like previous years on skin variants or at the very least some slight discounts.

Now I have to stress about deciding if I want the Mercury or not.
I understand you wanted a pink Mercury star runner with hello kitty themed seats.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Lol yeah the Mercury is pretty awesome, I guess I was just expecting something unique that we have not seen like previous years on skin variants or at the very least some slight discounts.

Now I have to stress about deciding if I want the Mercury or not.
Yes. The answer is yes, lol.
Did they have IAE 10 year insurance in past expos before 2019 and probably will in 2020 from your experiences?
No to past, yes to future.
I understand you wanted a pink Mercury star runner with hello kitty themed seats.
Holy Fuck, yes please!!
But for the actual expo IAE 2949, did the past years also have 10 year insurance like this recent one?
No. It was based on what year the sale was. 2017 = 5 yr insurance, 2018 = 6 year insurance, etc.
Ah bummer! I hope this year has some kind of insurance options.
The next anniversary sale will almost certainly have the new 10yr insurance. Past sales had the insurance based on the number of years since kickstarter, so in 2018 it was 6 year insurance, in 2017 it was 5 year insurance, etc. Then on 2019 they made it 10 yr, and I see no reason why they wouldn't carry that forward.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Yes. The answer is yes, lol.

No to past, yes to future.

Holy Fuck, yes please!!

No. It was based on what year the sale was. 2017 = 5 yr insurance, 2018 = 6 year insurance, etc.

The next anniversary sale will almost certainly have the new 10yr insurance. Past sales had the insurance based on the number of years since kickstarter, so in 2018 it was 6 year insurance, in 2017 it was 5 year insurance, etc. Then on 2019 they made it 10 yr, and I see no reason why they wouldn't carry that forward.
Oh fuck yeah, that is what I was hoping. I have some IAE Auroras that I use but I want to have my game package ship upgraded to something with better insurance. I know insurance is supposed to be relatively cheap in game but I would rather just not deal with it and save the crumbs if I can.a

Also just upgraded my Corsair to the Mercury, although more so to try the Mercury out to see if I want it later as I am not going to give up my Corsair haha.

Thanks for the information!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh fuck yeah, that is what I was hoping. I have some IAE Auroras that I use but I want to have my game package ship upgraded to something with better insurance. I know insurance is supposed to be relatively cheap in game but I would rather just not deal with it and save the crumbs if I can.a
You're not alone in that my friend. Not at all. We all seem to have this head glitch where we require LTI on fucking everything, haha.
Also just upgraded my Corsair to the Mercury, although more so to try the Mercury out to see if I want it later as I am not going to give up my Corsair haha.
Why not both? ;) The Merc is my baby, but the Corsair will most likely end up in my fleet, pending the arrival of other new and shiny ships.
Thanks for the information!
Any time my friend.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
You're not alone in that my friend. Not at all. We all seem to have this head glitch where we require LTI on fucking everything, haha.

Why not both? ;) The Merc is my baby, but the Corsair will most likely end up in my fleet, pending the arrival of other new and shiny ships.

Any time my friend.
Well I have the Apollo and Corsair, plus a starter package that I may end up turning into something bigger, but for now the Pisces. My younger brother has the Cutlass and we plan to basically be a two man crew through everything, with some Testies or NPC tagging along here and there (we like small crew content with the exception of war). So I might just upgrade his Cutlass to the Mercury so we both have access to it and he has something nice when playing without me. I do not want a ton of ships because we want to earn most of the ships in game.

Basically I want to try the Mercury out see if he also likes it and then upgrade him since he can not afford any ships and I do not want a huge ass fleet when he has nothing. So we will grind for anything other than the few ships we start with on close to equal terms. =)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Fek ships that don't exist and fek valentines!

I just bought myself a new pair of speakers so that's me sorted tomorrow night!!! :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well I have the Apollo and Corsair, plus a starter package that I may end up turning into something bigger, but for now the Pisces. My younger brother has the Cutlass and we plan to basically be a two man crew through everything, with some Testies or NPC tagging along here and there (we like small crew content with the exception of war). So I might just upgrade his Cutlass to the Mercury so we both have access to it and he has something nice when playing without me. I do not want a ton of ships because we want to earn most of the ships in game.

Basically I want to try the Mercury out see if he also likes it and then upgrade him since he can not afford any ships and I do not want a huge ass fleet when he has nothing. So we will grind for anything other than the few ships we start with on close to equal terms. =)
Solid plan. Having a solid partner for SC (my bro, @CrudeSasquatch, is one of my primaries as well) will make tha game that much more fun.
I already own the Starrunner, so to me this sale was about as disappointing as an Amazon Prime Day sale...
Lol, buy another!
Especially with the warbond CCU available for 200.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This years V-Day sale was CIG blessing my wallet with not having to worry about opening up for them any for the time being. Probably a means to get back on its good graces after this past Anniversary sale. Now I suspect something awesome will be arriving rather "soon". LoL

LTI is the original "Bling" within the real of the Star Citizen Verse.

Also, this past anniversary sale caused this sale to be rendered rather pointless to me. Case in point:

Here's the Scoundrel Pack & then modified that I picked up during the 2019 Anniversary sale.

2019 Anniversary Sale - Scoundrel Pack with Mods.PNG

There's how my Exploration Pack ended up after the 2019 Anniversary sale

2019 Anniversary Sale - Exploration Pack with Mods.PNG

fek valentines!
I approve of the above message. Also, Fek the Hallmark corporation of having invented the Valentines Day "holiday".

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This years V-Day sale was CIG blessing my wallet with not having to worry about opening up for them any for the time being. Probably a means to get back on its good graces after this past Anniversary sale. Now I suspect something awesome will be arriving rather "soon". LoL

LTI is the original "Bling" within the real of the Star Citizen Verse.

Also, this past anniversary sale caused this sale to be rendered rather pointless to me. Case in point:

Here's the Scoundrel Pack & then modified that I picked up during the 2019 Anniversary sale.

View attachment 14950

There's how my Exploration Pack ended up after the 2019 Anniversary sale

View attachment 14951

I approve of the above message. Also, Fek the Hallmark corporation of having invented the Valentines Day "holiday".
My Exploration Pack. I still have 590 in credit that I have no freaking idea how I want to utilize. I "think" I want a Corsair and a Redeemer, but fleet dynamics always get my poor brain burning, lol. I'm also waiting to see this upcoming Banu Stealth transport.
My fleet.PNG

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I hear the term Banu Stealth Transport & suddenly I'm wide awake & fully alert with my wallet trying to hide ASAP.

Where & when was this mentioned or hinted at please? I must look up & confirm for myself or I'll drive myself bananas. lols
[/QUOTE]
Xian Cargo ship, sorry:
Edit: and a Tevarin fighter

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I hear the term Banu Stealth Transport & suddenly I'm wide awake & fully alert with my wallet trying to hide ASAP.

Where & when was this mentioned or hinted at please? I must look up & confirm for myself or I'll drive myself bananas. lols
Xian Cargo ship, sorry:
Edit: and a Tevarin fighter
[/QUOTE]

The Xi'an are also very nice ships. I enjoy their benefits in some of the MISC ships like my DUR

Forgot your password?