Valheim - Surprise game of the year?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This has to be the biggest surprise in a while.

I did not think I would be too interested, but after seeing so many TESTies playing, I decided to give it a shot.

No spoilers, but the 3rd boss is about to meet my iron mace!

Ive seen some very impressive builds show on reddit:

1615407614632.png

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
My homes are not pretty. They are efficient. Everything is a short walk away from each other part. There's just too many goblins for me to slay to worry about making the entrance look more inviting.

Tanks gotta tank!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Oh yeah! Loving it too. I've yet to play with any Testies but have done hundreds of hours solo already haha.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I wouldn't call it GoTY material just yet, it's a bit shallow for that at the moment, but it's definitely a fun experience. I hadn't gone much past the first boss yet, cos irl stuff, but I've watched plenty of late-game streams and I liked what I saw.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I have it, must alter spacetime to create more free time...

My buildings don't fall apart, I've only killed myself once chopping down a tree, and trolls frighten me. 10/10

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
We were talking in chat yesterday how the game mechanics are pretty solid, but why do devs always go medieval?

Can we get this came with spaceships and asteroid mining?

• Glorious

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I wouldn't call it GoTY material just yet, it's a bit shallow for that at the moment, but it's definitely a fun experience. I hadn't gone much past the first boss yet, cos irl stuff, but I've watched plenty of late-game streams and I liked what I saw.
It is early access. More bosses, biomes, and building loops coming in.

I feel it has a pretty solid base so far.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'm considering picking it up later this week, any advice?
Depending on how you like to play.

You want to blast through it? Or do you want something you can do for an hour to two every evening for the next three months?

It will all become very clear once you begin, the progression is pretty good, you need resource to make weapons, then improve your weapons, once you have maxxed leveled them, killing the boss is easy.

Killing the boss gives you a clue about getting the next boss in a new biome. You get new resources, make new weapons etc...

• o7

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I realized the other day the hours Steam shows I have played are not all me actually playing. I have a habit of just walking away when in my fort and letting the game run.
I spend way more time planning and prepping to go into a new biome than I actually spend in the biome. It's been a while since I'm spent this much time in a game.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I did it again last night.

Found an interesting spot that has the meadows, plains and swamp all converging. So an excellent spot with access to three main biomes.

Spent 2hrs putting together a base on those giant rocks.

About halfway through I decided I didnt want to keep building.

Back to main base :D

Forgot your password?