Valkyrie Q&A

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16829-Q-A-Anvil-Valkyrie

I have to say this ship continues to cause lots of drama but it really is a great ship and I am glad they are sticking to their concept.

The QA does raise some other questions like how they are planning to get troops onto the Valkyrie to take down to the planet or is it intended for planetary operations only or staged from a station. Expecialy given the whole ship depressurizes if any of the doors open and is by design.

The other thing of note is the mention of NPC troops joining you on missions or doing their own mission and needing an evac.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
What about if you're hauling sheep dip from one planetary taint to another?
A reasonable concern which is remedied by the niche vehicle - BRAHMAN by Consolidated Outland. For only $500 USD (Warbond) you can haul sheep dip from one place to another. Not suitable for any other freight nor livestock.

Replete with size 4 turrets to protect your valuable (?) liquid cargo, the BRAHMAN represents the summit of the cut throat sheep-dippers career path*. Outsmart and outlast the competition with Consolidated Outlands flagship product.

*Sheep dipping is currently estimated to be in-game in the 2023 calendar year^

^Dates subject to change

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The first answer is so stupid. Really it is more sensible for a navy to bring in another ship for resupply than to use the ship designed for ground operations with an empty hole that is already there? Seriously no one believes this shit. No military would perform that way.

This ship was made for Squadron 42 a specific role and has little to no use in the PU and its very cheap AVOID!

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Its a really, really poorly designed ship.

Cant be carried by UEE carriers, cant carry spares or supplies for long distance travel (which CIG have said you will need to do).

So its completely pointless, its even got to the point on the RSI forums people are defending it by saying, "but it might fit on a Pegasus or Bengal" thats nice, you show me where you are going to get one of those from.

If you dont own a Kraken, or know anyone who has one who is prepared to taxi this waste of space ship around the galaxy for you, then dont bother with it.

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
"Specialized" "Multi-role" Vehicle. Yup, that reminds me of the time the army was deciding between the Hind and Chinhook for our next troop/transport airborne carrier. The Chinhook could carry troops by flipping down a seat, and either cargo or vehicles or both using the securing points in the carrying bay, and you could attach weapon systems to be pilot or crew operated at several hardpoints. The Hind could carry more guns and rockets, but only troops internally. Obviously, we went with the Chinhook. The Army motto is "Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm glad they stuck to their guns on this. Its a single purpose built ship, not a multi-purpose one.
I'm sure the people who got it for a multi-role ship like the sales page said it was were a bit confused. Clearly gunship and dropship were the only two roles intended even though it can carry vehicles :|

Forgot your password?