Valkyrie Q&A

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
It is not the first time or the last time the facts were stretched for a sale. I do not really see a problem with a drop ship not having cargo space like both the prowler and harbinger (there is no space) but the separate space for a rover (same as in 600i) but you cannot take cargo is a really silly use of space which they have not been able to defend with any logic. Space ships for actual use would not waste space as such. Anyways this ship fits in nothing (other than a Bengal) and has no space range with no cargo space. Keep your money. Surprisingly all the drop ships are looney expensive as if it was a highly profitable fun career path?

Sadly with them selling $1400 dollar ships $375 dollar probably doesn't seem expensive but it really is.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
It’s worth repeating that we’re not buying ships for the ships, we’re all helping fund the game.

Which is a line I think we’re all sick of hearing. Q&A’s should be part of the initial sales pitch.

Anniversary sales are soon so melt it if you don’t like it.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
"Specialized" "Multi-role" Vehicle. Yup, that reminds me of the time the army was deciding between the Hind and Chinhook for our next troop/transport airborne carrier. The Chinhook could carry troops by flipping down a seat, and either cargo or vehicles or both using the securing points in the carrying bay, and you could attach weapon systems to be pilot or crew operated at several hardpoints. The Hind could carry more guns and rockets, but only troops internally. Obviously, we went with the Chinhook. The Army motto is "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
Also, the Hind has air-to-air capabilities that the Shithook does not.
Always trade-offs.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It is not the first time or the last time the facts were stretched for a sale. I do not really see a problem with a drop ship not having cargo space like both the prowler and harbinger (there is no space) but the separate space for a rover (same as in 600i) but you cannot take cargo is a really silly use of space which they have not been able to defend with any logic. Space ships for actual use would not waste space as such. Anyways this ship fits in nothing (other than a Bengal) and has no space range with no cargo space. Keep your money. Surprisingly all the drop ships are looney expensive as if it was a highly profitable fun career path?

Sadly with them selling $1400 dollar ships $375 dollar probably doesn't seem expensive but it really is.
I honestly am not bothered by the lack of being able to transfer cargo. But its inability to fit in an Idris or Javelin does make its usefulness as a drop ship questionable. Especially given the players would not be able to log out due to the lack of beds for all on board. Not an issue for short range trips say from a station or land base. But who is going to need 20 soldiers for something close to home when this will be more utilized for a larger scale battle which would require logistics to get gear and personal to the staging point. And we are not talking about 10 mins, even trips from Port Olisar to Hurston will require 20 mins and multiple stops to refuel. Now take in Jump Points and moving into the Vanduul space would require multiple days and would greatly benefit having the NPC's and Players ride along in Capital ships which should be capable of making longer quantum jumps.

Once planet side this ship is going to be a great deal of fun picking up squadrons of players and NPC's plus their buggy from the staging LZ and transferring them to the front line

tumblr_l4fu3b4axt1qzzh6g.png

My issue is how do you get the Valkyrie, the personal and the buggies to the LZ. We really need something like this.

troopersStaging.png

Reactions: Deroth

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
I honestly am not bothered by the lack of being able to transfer cargo. But its inability to fit in an Idris or Javelin does make its usefulness as a drop ship questionable. Especially given the players would not be able to log out due to the lack of beds for all on board. Not an issue for short range trips say from a station or land base. But who is going to need 20 soldiers for something close to home when this will be more utilized for a larger scale battle which would require logistics to get gear and personal to the staging point. And we are not talking about 10 mins, even trips from Port Olisar to Hurston will require 20 mins and multiple stops to refuel. Now take in Jump Points and moving into the Vanduul space would require multiple days and would greatly benefit having the NPC's and Players ride along in Capital ships which should be capable of making longer quantum jumps.

Once planet side this ship is going to be a great deal of fun picking up squadrons of players and NPC's plus their buggy from the staging LZ and transferring them to the front line

View attachment 10905

My issue is how do you get the Valkyrie, the personal and the buggies to the LZ. We really need something like this.

View attachment 10906
Well, those crates in the corner sure look like they are supposed to go somewhere... lol.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?