Vanduul helmets

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
It's the mining and research outposts (like Arcorp 141, shubin mining, rayari, etc.) that have the masks in the red boxes - There aren't any in the bunkers and I don't think they appear in the sites such as Bountiful Harvest or Bud's Growery (They seem to share the same loot tables as bunkers). I hadn't thought they occurred in the abandoned outposts, but I did find one of the large white crates at one which had contents that were similar to those in the red crates at the mining\research outposts and I believe someone has mentioned finding one there - Even if they do appear at the abandoned outposts, the loot boxes that would contain the masks are (in my experience) less common than the red ones at mining\research outposts.

You don't even need to worry about having a backpack - Loot from the box to "local inventory", and from there you can either transfer from local inventory to the ship when you get back in, or leave it there in the local inventory for the location (a character reset will also move it back to wherever you select as your new "home" as well).
That local to ship inventory trick seems pretty useful, thanks!

Reactions: GPcustoms

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I have 6 of the Hill Horror masks. No Vanduul masks yet.
If you're flying back and forth between locations (instead of bed-logging), make sure to open the white boxes while there (even if you don't loot anything from them), as it should start a counter to have them despawn and then a replacement box spawn which may be red... Otherwise you'll end up with only white boxes at the locations after a while.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
If you're flying back and forth between locations (instead of bed-logging), make sure to open the white boxes while there (even if you don't loot anything from them), as it should start a counter to have them despawn and then a replacement box spawn which may be red... Otherwise you'll end up with only white boxes at the locations after a while.
Always open all the boxes.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Going to try some Hurton action after Brictoria's experiences. My masks were found at MT. I found 3 of them at the abandoned settlements and two at mining facilities. A change of pace will do me good to tinker on a new planet for a spell.....Variety is the spice of life:like:

Reactions: Garonman

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I can grab more masks if my ship would stop disappearing after I bed log.
yea i had that trouble which is why i bought then used the 100i as it spawns in at the small vehicle spawn point. just had to keep remembering to lower the landing gear each re-log

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Got up and made a run with the green Herald and poof..Number 7 found. I would be surprised if there are players not ending up with one at the end of October.
Lost one to a retaliator the other day that decided to shoot my 135 :mad: I wonder if it has to be looted from its original location to stay in a players inventory......:o7:
Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2022.10.19 - 08.52.24.74.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven_King

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
I finally found one after 37 hours of combined searching. I did the 'bed log' and swap servers trick, detailed in a post above, at ArcCorp Mining Facility 045 on Wala. The buildings there are very close together, including the Platinum Bay vehicle terminals. I could check each building for loot boxes and be back in my 135c to bed log in about 2 minutes. Once I stopped jumping locations, and just did the server swap trick, it only took me 6 hours over 2 days.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Got up and made a run with the green Herald and poof..Number 7 found. I would be surprised if there are players not ending up with one at the end of October.
Lost one to a retaliator the other day that decided to shoot my 135 :mad: I wonder if it has to be looted from its original location to stay in a players inventory......:o7:View attachment 23547
I have not seen the armour you are wearing, not the armour in the inventory before. Where can i get some?

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I finally found one after 37 hours of combined searching. I did the 'bed log' and swap servers trick, detailed in a post above, at ArcCorp Mining Facility 045 on Wala. The buildings there are very close together, including the Platinum Bay vehicle terminals. I could check each building for loot boxes and be back in my 135c to bed log in about 2 minutes. Once I stopped jumping locations, and just did the server swap trick, it only took me 6 hours over 2 days.
Excellent great to hear.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I have not seen the armour you are wearing, not the armour in the inventory before. Where can i get some?
I think I picked the Dust up armor over at Hurston Lorville...I think...Bought 6 sets because death, crashes and 30ks as well as just waking up can strip them right off ya... If I figure it out I will follow up on the question. Only 30% damage reduction but not so flashy :o7:

Reactions: Garonman

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
P.S. #8 found:drunk: Not even looking for them now....Players don't want the free helmets because they don't count as being looted so I wear one on most of the adventures and don't worry about when they get lost...:o7: Take that earthlings:drunk:

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Same, I think I have at least 10 Hill Horror Helmets. Let me know if anyone wants one. I can put in a loot box and maybe it will count as a reward.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I decided to try and grab the set on an alt account earlier this week - I found the Vanduul one in the first or second red box I opened (I ended up with 2 during the time I was looking for them) and it was the new "Hill Horror" (green lights) mask that took the longest to find, only tracking one down on the second day of searching.

It was certainly an interesting experience to take out a Mustang Alpha and do "box missions" in it while searching for the masks - The change CIG made to it in order to allow boxes to be carried was different to what I had expected ("door" on rear of container opening, rather than having container removed and an empty cargo bed - Loading one following the cargo refactor could prove interesting as the 1SCU containers would need to be "threaded" into a tube, requiring perfect alignment, and there would be an inability to see what is in there past the closest box), and it has some quirks regarding where delivery boxes can be placed, but it was still a welcome (and much needed) change (I just realised that I forgot to check whether you can access the "ship inventory" while crouched in there).

Forgot your password?