Video: Anthem the game by Bioware, will it save them?

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I'm very much looking forward to Anthem.
I'm a huge BioWare fanboy so that's just normal.
Casey Hudson's back at the helm so as long as there's no other "complete rewrite" near launch, we should be good...

I was okay with Mass Effect 3 ending, pre-patch. I'm even more okay with Citadel DLC and patched ending.
I enjoyed Andromeda for what it was worth, although I never completed my second run-through. (it's just way too long)
I liked Dragon Age Inquisiton, but I never completed it because of a save-breaking bug.
I even liked Dragon Age 2 despite the repetitive dungeons.
I played over 2 years and subscribed to SWTOR and enjoyed it a lot. (I probably still would, but the horrible exchange rate doesn't make me want to subscribe... and unsubbed, kind of sucks)
KOTOR is still one of my favourite game, after Mass Effect trilogy.

As long as they don't do something catastrophically insane like in SWBFII2017, I'll gladly purchase the game. (is it out in the Origin Vault yet? so I can play the campaign?) (Just checked... nope)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ammorn

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
I know the ME and DA series' are highly regarded games and they did do some good story work in the games of theirs i have enjoyed, but i could never really get into their games so i'm not gonna pretend i'm a massive fan of theirs.

There is pretty much one reason why EA are "Loosening the reins" to give Bioware the freedom to do this game and that's because they want to put time between this game and the dumpster fire they just released. That and when it all goes tits up when this game comes out because they are unable to claw back the ground they lost due to EA's meddling, they can shift the blame all on to them.

Looks like a pretty game and may be good but since they pulled the old bait and switch with SW BF2 i won't be buying an EA game ever again.
Same goes for Activision, with all the sneaky stuff they are doing behind the scenes to manipulate customers.

The money i was going to spend on Star wars went to upgrade one of my ships to a Cutlass, i'd rather give my money to devs who are interested in pushing the boundaries in game development rather than monetisation and don't feel at all like i missed out.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
there are only two MMOs worth talking about

Eve Online, for its epic metagame and politics

and Star Citizen, for its epic scale and potential

RoughGalaxy

Commander
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
RoughGalaxy
I'm very much looking forward to Anthem.
I'm a huge BioWare fanboy so that's just normal.
Casey Hudson's back at the helm so as long as there's no other "complete rewrite" near launch, we should be good...

I was okay with Mass Effect 3 ending, pre-patch. I'm even more okay with Citadel DLC and patched ending.
I enjoyed Andromeda for what it was worth, although I never completed my second run-through. (it's just way too long)
I liked Dragon Age Inquisiton, but I never completed it because of a save-breaking bug.
I even liked Dragon Age 2 despite the repetitive dungeons.
I played over 2 years and subscribed to SWTOR and enjoyed it a lot. (I probably still would, but the horrible exchange rate doesn't make me want to subscribe... and unsubbed, kind of sucks)
KOTOR is still one of my favourite game, after Mass Effect trilogy.

As long as they don't do something catastrophically insane like in SWBFII2017, I'll gladly purchase the game. (is it out in the Origin Vault yet? so I can play the campaign?) (Just checked... nope)
Same here. Bioware is my hometown team and have put out some of my all time favorites. I genuinely loved ME:A it was a blast zipping around in the nomad. Space sudoku was fun/interesting. I found the story to be really good. I too abandoned a second playthrough due too the sheer amount of content, though I may go back, just for an insanity run (I've beaten all Mass Effects on insanity at least once) DA:I I beat, DA 2 I couldn't get passed the reused locations. I was a SWTOR OG (though without a sub I can't have a title) Loved the kotor series as well. I am... optimistic about Anthem, but knowing that the wife isn't interested means I'll need to find some folks with a workable schedule to play with.

Forgot your password?