[Video] Atlas is proving to be extremely popular here at TEST

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I am still on the fence, I do like these type of games and playing in groups. But at the current build with the price, I will be holding off.

But nice informative video!

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Is this our new spiel? Going against the tide? So far ME andromeda, Fallout 67 and Atlas heh.

Reactions: Bambooza

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
As you saw in those reviews, the VAST MAJORITY of the negative reviews fall into one of these categories:

- Cannot login. (E.g. they have no idea if the game is good or not). 80% of the negative reviews
- OMG it's just an ARK DLC. (E.g. they had no idea what they were buying before they played). 10% of negative reviews
- Whaaaaaa! I built something and bad guys killed it! 5% of negative reviews

As you can see, almost NONE of these reviews have anything at all to do with the game itself. That's the disconnect. People are review bombing the game because they're stupid, not because the game is bad.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I spent 40 mins creating my perfect toon. Saved the appearance profile and started the game. Upon entering the game I was under water and my screen was flashing red then I died. Re-spawned ran to shore, noticed the toon looks nothing like what I spent 40 mins creating. Then I was attacked by a level 16 boar and died lol. Re-spawned a few more times and keep dieing to these boars. So I started from scratch again with a new toon, then I couldn't load the appearance profile I had saved!

Going to try again in a few weeks, maybe some more bugs will be fixed.

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
I spent 40 mins creating my perfect toon. Saved the appearance profile and started the game. Upon entering the game I was under water and my screen was flashing red then I died. Re-spawned ran to shore, noticed the toon looks nothing like what I spent 40 mins creating. Then I was attacked by a level 16 boar and died lol. Re-spawned a few more times and keep dieing to these boars. So I started from scratch again with a new toon, then I couldn't load the appearance profile I had saved!

Going to try again in a few weeks, maybe some more bugs will be fixed.
Sounds like normal to me. 🤔

Moltyr

Commander
Nov 21, 2018
RSI Handle
Moltyr
I would rather trust the experience of 20k+ people (myself included) as a basis of my opinion on Atlas rather than the very few people in a discord server.

I understand games typically have rough starts, especially online games. However, the quick defense of such a game and a developer with a history of well...we know their history...is dangerous. I completely agree, you shouldn't base decisions on the mob mentality/outrage alone. That's why I decided to try it anyways, and I just cannot be ok with such a misleading representation of a game. "40k+ players" - can't even support 150. All the massive fights, with seemingly smooth gameplay and an immersive world. The sheer scale and beauty of the game as it was presented prior to release was very exciting.

I may try it again at a later date, because I am honestly out of things to play that I can think of. Playing Star Citizen can only be done so much with the limited content we have, that will eventually wipe our progress anyways with new patches. Plus, I don't want to play SC too much, and get tired of it before the game even releases!😂 I want Atlas to be successful, I just wish that the folks who made the game did too. If you make a great game...we will play it. Hell, if it is good enough we wouldn't even mind full price ($60+) or in game purchases for the most part.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Some games are going to have a rough start. Imagine the magnifying glass that SC is going to be under at time of launch, heck pile SQ42 in on that as well, even the slightest hiccups will explode into major internet rage.

Reactions: Bambooza

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Get your ass into 76 and Ill toss in a two shot explosive shotgun!
And I'll throw in some spare serums I have once you get the starched genes perk!
Speed Demon + Marsupial is fing AMAZING.. especially if you have any two shot explosive gun.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
And I'll throw in some spare serums I have once you get the starched genes perk!
Speed Demon + Marsupial is fing AMAZING.. especially if you have any two shot explosive gun.
um it's going to be awhile lol. I'm using melee right now to save ammo, problem is that your health suffers when using melee so going to stock up on food and healing pots first.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Get your ass into 76 and Ill toss in a two shot explosive shotgun!
Just read this over, I take it that weapons can have 2 legendary effects? Two shot is one and explosive is another. That's an incredibly powerful weapon (explosive on a shotgun lol) I'm sure will be handy later on, but at level 5 don't think I will need it ! A decent pistol with ammo would be great though lol

Forgot your password?