[Video] - Gimbal assist arguments continue

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Agreed, purists can only get us so far as a community. My only objection is a small ship should not be able to take down a hammerhead, period. When you ride a tricycle you get tricycle performance, when you ride a 10 speed you get 10 speed performance. A tricycle cannot keep up with a 10 speed, fact. I say this should be augmented by massive shield generators the larger ships use, making it almost pointless to be attacked by a single light fighter. Even if you can target a subsystem, you have to get through the shield first and the AI protecting the ship. You pay for hardware when you buy a ship... it may be slower but may have a ton of AI and shields. Many people have the equation wrong, in my opinion.
I completely agree, I'm getting a bit sick of people complaining about 'balance' because their starter or racing ship doesn't have an equal chance to take out all other ships in one-v-one. No, that is not balance. A Prius doesn't have an equal chance of beating a Formula 1 or NASCAR car in those respective races; likewise neither of those have an equal chance on the battlefield against a M1A1 or A-10. That is the reality of balance, balance is in getting the performance and functionality that was paid for.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well the issue is what about the AI. Dumbing down making It easier for what exactly? It comes across that whatever they have internally playable on squadron 42 is not a great experience for keyboard and mouse. (I do not object to them trying to make that work after all Chris Roberts has no chance of finishing anything else).

Forgot your password?