Video: Net Neutrality is gone, where do we go from here?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I don't understand... there are 5 board members - they voted 3/2 to remove it
The FCC board is supposed to look at the public comments and see that they are representing public interest.

It would not have made a difference if Jesus himself came down from heaven and voted to keep Net Neutrality, they would have still removed it.

Reactions: Sraika

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
The FCC board is supposed to look at the public comments and see that they are representing public interest.
Yeah... maybe so... next time ill post my opinion on twitter. If they made their decision based on russian bots... would that be collusion?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yeah... maybe so... next time ill post my opinion on twitter. If they made their decision based on russian bots... would that be collusion?
No, you are not understanding me.

It would have not made any difference how many people voted to keep NN, they would have voted 3-2 to remove it.

Public comments posted to the FCC on this matter were irrelevant.

In other words, Russian bots, Swedish bikini teams or Jesus himself would not have made any difference on the 3-2 vote.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
I don't understand... there are 5 board members - they voted 3/2 to remove it. Looks to me like stolen identities. I'd suspect after these folks passed, no one ever removed their accounts... which is a common problem. But the vote was 5 people. Lesson, start taking your information security seriously. Time to accept your info is on the dark web... its just a matter of time until someone buys it and uses it.
The thing is that the comment period had bots literally commenting using these stolen identities of dead Americans and Pai was told about this. However he and the FCC did nothing. They had a chance to do something before the vote but they pushed the vote through.

Net Neutrality is not a partisan issue 8 out of 10 American support Net Neutrality. Here is my source on the last bit.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Dear Leader,
I totally understand and agree with you. New administration, different agenda, different special interests... and so forth. The fix was in when NN was voted on party lines in 2015. If it had been bipartisan it may be still be around... maybe not. So, when the next Democratic President comes in, it will probably swing back to NN. It's like we live in two different countries sometimes.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
Dear Leader,
I totally understand and agree with you. New administration, different agenda, different special interests... and so forth. The fix was in when NN was voted on party lines in 2015. If it had been bipartisan it may be still be around... maybe not. So, when the next Democratic President comes in, it will probably swing back to NN. It's like we live in two different countries sometimes.
But it is a bipartisan issue for most Americans. 8 out of 10 Americans support NN. See my previous post about it. The FCC is supposed to represent the people since it is a oversight group.

Reactions: Montoya and Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika

It would have not made any difference how many people voted to keep NN, they would have voted 3-2 to remove it.

Public comments posted to the FCC on this matter were irrelevant.

In other words, Russian bots, Swedish bikini teams or Jesus himself would not have made any difference on the 3-2 vote.
Sadly, googling these, or any combination thereof, did not turn up anything related to net neutrality. It would've been nice to say that we tried *everything*, but apparently not.
Also, now I've googled "Russian jesus bikini net neutrality bot team", so my search history looks *weird*.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Net Neutrality is not a partisan issue 8 out of 10 American support Net Neutrality. Here is my source on the last bit.
I think NN was still the law of land when that happened. I don't know. But no one listens to me anyway.... do you think they care what "I" think, even if I were to support it? Nope... been this way for a long time. Mark Twain once said “If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

I just hope, we can get some rationality... right now as we debate this, someone just lost their life savings from an identity thief... was here with NN... will be here in the near future with N-NN.

I don't mean to be so cynical... but that is a Gen-X trait.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
I think NN was still the law of land when that happened. I don't know. But no one listens to me anyway.... do you think they care what "I" think, even if I were to support it? Nope... been this way for a long time. Mark Twain once said “If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

I just hope, we can get some rationality... right now as we debate this, someone just lost their life savings from an identity thief... was here with NN... will be here in the near future with N-NN.

I don't mean to be so cynical... but that is a Gen-X trait.
It is from December 12 of this year tho.

I get it... it's a RussianJ conspiracy.
What ever happened to @RussianJ ?

Reactions: Sraika

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Pai: (summarized) "There were many fraudulent public comments both in favor of and in opposition to NN."

Public: (summarized) "Yeah but weren't 95% of those FOR NN clearly fraudulent?"

Pai: (summarized) "We can't be bothered to check. Given that there was at least 1 obvious fraudulent comment on both sides, we have decided FUCK YOU we don't give a shit what you say anyway, we aren't going to even look at any of the comments. Plus, Verizon paid me a fucking ton of money to get rid of NN and I don't see any of you peasants offering to do the same. Case closed."

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Pai: (summarized) "There were many fraudulent public comments both in favor of and in opposition to NN."

Public: (summarized) "Yeah but weren't 95% of those FOR NN clearly fraudulent?"

Pai: (summarized) "We can't be bothered to check. Given that there was at least 1 obvious fraudulent comment on both sides, we have decided FUCK YOU we don't give a shit what you say anyway, we aren't going to even look at any of the comments. Plus, Verizon paid me a fucking ton of money to get rid of NN and I don't see any of you peasants offering to do the same. Case closed."
I agree.. regardless of wether Net Neutrality is a good thing or a bad thing, Ajit (who is supposedly representing an oversite committee of a public resource) clearly does not give a rats ass about what the public wants.

Reactions: Radegast74

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While I was watching some TV, a TV commercial about Spectrum Enterprise Cable TV & Internet services caught my eye. You might recognize a few certain individuals we've all seen before. I point this out for those who are provided services by Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable & Charter Communications) as hope that this means we won't have them restricting our access to SC by this particular net service provider for the time being.

Forgot your password?