[Video] Origin Rover Concept Sale

Fastball

Admiral
Dec 7, 2018
RSI Handle
Fastball
I really want to like Origin, I really do. I've held Lightspeed package since June 2013 with the 350R. The Origin design change just isn't for me anymore. I think you're going to get more use out of a rover with cargo space and energy weapons over the combat variant. I have 2 Ursa Rovers right now, so don't see a benefit to picking one up. I do, however, like the look of the Aurora LN Invictus with the green and yellow livery. CIG will get some money from me before this is all over lol.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I really think a few changes to the 600i and people would rival this with the Carrack, add a medical bed, few modular options to compete with the Carrack like drones and this ship easily becomes a solid alternative to a Carrack. This imo is what really set a lot of people off when it comes to Origin, the 300 series is solid, the 100 series didn't appeal to anyone most people forgot or don't even know it exists lol. I actually like the X1 design its a pretty cool vehicle, everyone likes the 890 for the most part.

X1, 85X, M50, G12, 100, 300, 600, 890J... I don't see why Origin gets so much grief, the only thing I can come up with is people feel like they HAVE to take the Carrack option for exploration because the 600i is lacking a few key elements to make it a solid choice, I really think when its all said and done and a few changes are made to the 600i exploration version people will feel like its a solid alternative, we just have to wait and see.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I really think a few changes to the 600i and people would rival this with the Carrack, add a medical bed, few modular options to compete with the Carrack like drones and this ship easily becomes a solid alternative to a Carrack. This imo is what really set a lot of people off when it comes to Origin, the 300 series is solid, the 100 series didn't appeal to anyone most people forgot or don't even know it exists lol. I actually like the X1 design its a pretty cool vehicle, everyone likes the 890 for the most part.

X1, 85X, M50, G12, 100, 300, 600, 890J... I don't see why Origin gets so much grief, the only thing I can come up with is people feel like they HAVE to take the Carrack option for exploration because the 600i is lacking a few key elements to make it a solid choice, I really think when its all said and done and a few changes are made to the 600i exploration version people will feel like its a solid alternative, we just have to wait and see.
@LoicFarris had a thread on spectrum about exactly this. Y'all should join forces. Have babies.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

As somebody that owns most of the Origin line of vehicles, I say that those that dislike certain ships don't have to use them. In general, I'm not a fan of the Drake aesthetic, but I'm a fan of the Bucc because it reminds me of a shorter SC version of the classic Star Wars X-Wing fighter. It's simply missing 2 of the wings, but compensates with those massive thrusters compared to its small size. I really liked both of my 600i ships, but I have no regrets in melting that pack for the time being because it brought my 890J out of my buybacks just before the price exploded. In time, I'll have them both back to complete my set. Cheers!

Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
As somebody that owns most of the Origin line of vehicles, I say that those that dislike certain ships don't have to use them. In general, I'm not a fan of the Drake aesthetic, but I'm a fan of the Bucc because it reminds me of a shorter SC version of the classic Star Wars X-Wing fighter. It's simply missing 2 of the wings, but compensates with those massive thrusters compared to its small size. I really liked both of my 600i ships, but I have no regrets in melting that pack for the time being because it brought my 890J out of my buybacks just before the price exploded. In time, I'll have them both back to complete my set. Cheers!
I agree complete, aesthetically we will all have our own tastes and preferences, but when it comes to the 600i, myself and many others think its one of the best looking ships in the game, that aside many of us also feel there needs to be issues addressed to make this ship worth the price drop and give it a reason to select it over its counterparts, like a med bed/spawn point, some exploration tools that set it aside or put it in line with the Carrack, which I do think will come eventually, you cant have these two ships in the same classification and almost similar price and have them be so far apart in their abilities to do the same job. I think the enhanced modularity they speak of with the 600i will be what makes or breaks this ship.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree complete, aesthetically we will all have our own tastes and preferences, but when it comes to the 600i, myself and many others think its one of the best looking ships in the game, that aside many of us also feel there needs to be issues addressed to make this ship worth the price drop and give it a reason to select it over its counterparts, like a med bed/spawn point, some exploration tools that set it aside or put it in line with the Carrack, which I do think will come eventually, you cant have these two ships in the same classification and almost similar price and have them be so far apart in their abilities to do the same job. I think the enhanced modularity they speak of with the 600i will be what makes or breaks this ship.
The 600i is a luxury exploration ship that costs close to 2/3 the cost of the spartan style of the Carrack. The 600i lets you explore while the crew is surrounded with refinement & elegance, while the Carrack is all about covering as many bases to be self sufficient to explore & discover as much as possible between stops to refuel & resupply. They both have their strengths & short comings. The "modularity" of the 600i ships is that the same ship hull can be used as either the Touring or Exploration versions. Similar to the 300 series ships for the most part.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The 600i is a luxury exploration ship that costs close to 2/3 the cost of the spartan style of the Carrack. The 600i lets you explore while the crew is surrounded with refinement & elegance, while the Carrack is all about covering as many bases to be self sufficient to explore & discover as much as possible between stops to refuel & resupply. They both have their strengths & short comings. The "modularity" of the 600i ships is that the same ship hull can be used as either the Touring or Exploration versions. Similar to the 300 series ships for the most part.

We will have to wait and see what this ship can do as an exploration ship when the module comes out, they did say there would be additional utility hardpoints as well as the swapping out of the lounge for a scanning station, I believe more is to come they said as much in the brochure.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
@LoicFarris had a thread on spectrum about exactly this. Y'all should join forces. Have babies.
Yes Please @Phil if you want to see anything happen w/ the 600i I have a pretty detailed post there that I'm trying to get upvotes for especially now that we have a CIG developer confirming that it will get a full rework.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Yes Please @Phil if you want to see anything happen w/ the 600i I have a pretty detailed post there that I'm trying to get upvotes for especially now that we have a CIG developer confirming that it will get a full rework.

Definitely upvoted!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Up-voted... you've hit on several points that caused me to overlook this ship.

Forgot your password?