[Video] Roadmap 3.5 and 3.7, 3.8 added

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Thats a great question. I dont think CIG has given us very much to go off of. But if I were to take an educated guess, I would imagine that the ship lands, unfolds/opens up. People can walk into it and shop around like a bazaar or grocery store. Or perhaps they will shop via kiosk instead of browsing physical goods on display. It will be interesting to see how CIG makes this work.
So potentially you could haul hundreds of thousands of credits worth of product for months before turning it over? Realistic but not fun - the concept doesn’t work.

Reactions: Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
So potentially you could haul hundreds of thousands of credits worth of product for months before turning it over? Realistic but not fun - the concept doesn’t work.
Maybe you could sell a portion of your goods in your market and then you sell the rest to local shops to restock their inventory. Whatever you'd be selling to individuals from your shop you'd be making higher retail profits off of it and the goods you sell to shops you'd be making wholesale profits like a normal cargo transporter. You'd potentially have a lower operating cost or overhead since you wouldn't be paying property taxes/rent and such like a normal store and all the normal costs of a hauler would already be covered by regular wholesale shipment delivery prices, so you'd make even better profits than a fixed store.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
potentially. Like I said though, gotta wait to see what CIG actually does

Forgot your password?