[Video] Roadmap Rage - The community is losing patience.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm I think, of all video Montoya put out, this is the only one where glorius leader is really, really pissed off, or at least it sound like he is.
I agree 100% on Montoya's consideration, froma couple of years now CIG is scoring bad hit over bad hit, like for example the weapons flatening: that should have been a temporary solution to allow dev to re-balance the weapons and components from scratch, instead after all this time we still have a flat and bland weapons and component balance that put out all the willing to experiment different combinations.

Morphologis also point it out another axpect of the road map that I feel it's important: keeping player involved. If a player know that will be a release of a new came play loop that interest them in afew monts could keep playing to build the resources they'll need when that featture will released, or mabe trying different gameplay loops in the meantime. Taking away the long view prospetive on the release will harm it, leaving player in a dark mist of "what will be next".

Considering the last two years slow down work on SC I whont be surpirse if whitin this year CIG will cut off 2 patches make them every 6 monts instar every quarter.... this or CIG will finally solve the performace problem server side (AKA server meshing, even the "static version") and they'll be finally able to expand the PU adding Pyro and finally making the AI work as intended.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
If Roadmap rage were at a significant high this would be reflected in the earnings and is not. Therefore the supposed Rage is not a significant phenomenon. It's one or more people making an unusual amount of complaint. Nothing new here. Move along.
umm, it's been 2 days. Let's wait a month or two to see if it has an impact on things. Right now, I could not tell you either way based on their funding map. Yes, there was still a bump on the 3rd, but was it as big as expected...time will tell.

Edit - I was planning on purchasing a skin or two, I have held off and will be taking a "cool off" period. I want the game to succeed, but I also want to be treated with respect by those I am helping support. They might not have bit my hand (that's feeding them) yet, but they have certainly growled, and maybe even snapped at it. I am re-evaluating at present if I want to risk getting bitten as well...

Second edit...btw, my issues wasn't that they removed the roadmap. It was the tone they took while posting why they modified it.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Giving the Cutty a new paint job, adding guns, and charging an extra $140 for it has as much to do with increased profits as making people angry ... let's be real.

It's not about whether people will stop buying or not ... because we all know in mass, they won't.

It's about CIG's attitude towards "passionate gamers" who express their frustrations based on CIG's own progress tools.

The majority of people understand roadblocks occur and in active development, nothing is set in stone. Literally the majority know that.

CIG doesn't just "delay" progress. They scrap entire development outlooks without a single explanation other than blaming "perceived promises" from the community.

It's not acceptable. They don't get to fail, then blame funders for the expectations CIG makes in order to raise more funds.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
Giving the Cutty a new paint job, adding guns, and charging an extra $140 for it has as much to do with increased profits as making people angry ... let's be real.

It's not about whether people will stop buying or not ... because we all know in mass, they won't.

It's about CIG's attitude towards "passionate gamers" who express their frustrations based on CIG's own progress tools.

The majority of people understand roadblocks occur and in active development, nothing is set in stone. Literally the majority know that.

CIG doesn't just "delay" progress. They scrap entire development outlooks without a single explanation other than blaming "perceived promises" from the community.

It's not acceptable. They don't get to fail, then blame funders for the expectations CIG makes in order to raise more funds.
Yes, but the majority of people remain silent, they perceive the situation based on reasonable conclusions.

These people are VERY vocal but can do nothing more than play armchair developer.

• Glorious
Reactions: Vavrik

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
☠

When I watched the leaders video on this, my first thought was that he was going to bail on the project and this was the first part of his exit strategy. Unconsciously possibly?

My patience reached very low but not zero a couple of years ago, and I was 4 years late for the ship. I often think that the community is kept alive by new players which was what I was in 2016 . However I keep an eye on the project mainly through this forum and retain some hope without wearing it too thin by playing.

Great leader are you going to abandon ship on us? If so can I have my dollar back please?

Last edited:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Yes, but the majority of people remain silent, they perceive the situation based on reasonable conclusions.

These people are VERY vocal but can do nothing more than play armchair developer.
Again, CIG literally sets expectations.

It's no one else's fault when they don't meet those expectations.

Bringing up "passionate gamers" is just a way to pass the blame unto the community and we see enough of that already with AAA studios and media.

"The current system doesn't work because a loud minority are too vocal".

Give me a break here ... I wasn't born yesterday.

Last edited:

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
Bringing up "passionate gamers" is just a way to pass the blame unto the community and we see enough of that already with AAA studios and media.

Is there some underlying expectation I've never seen that CIG is not going to fall into the same mistakes that AAA developers make , but create all new ones by the way they develop and fund the game? Of course they're going to make some of the same mistakes, that's inevitable.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'm just catching up on this topic after some travel and ... wow!

I read what CIG stated in their post about the community as unconscionable. While we might relate to their sentiment, it's just not what you say to a customer to their face.

As a professional who works with customers all the time, I'd expect to fired, or asked to fire my staff, if we published what CIG said in that post about their customers, no matter the intent.

CIG placed themselves in the doghouse on this and deserves the community feedback they are getting, in my opinion.

If Jared is the community manager, he should step up and own this. I'll be interested to see CIG's professionalism in their next steps.

Last edited:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo

Is there some underlying expectation I've never seen that CIG is not going to fall into the same mistakes that AAA developers make , but create all new ones by the way they develop and fund the game? Of course they're going to make some of the same mistakes, that's inevitable.

No one argues CIG can't and won't make mistakes.

They should try owning it for once and explaining their problems, instead of pointing to the social media backlash that comes from their own lack of perceived progress.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
They should try owning it for once and explaining their problems, instead of pointing to the social media backlash that comes from their own lack of perceived progress.
CIG is not bound to answer to social media, they should be focusing that answer to us and to that point I wholeheartedly agree with you.

They fell into the same trap that CDPR did, and yeah I think they'll learn from this mistake.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Great leader are you going to abandon ship on us? If so can I have my dollar back please?
We just had a massive group in discord play Xenothreat... and nobody was crying about how horrible some roadmap was, everybody had a great time.

Like I said in my latest video, this is the normal cycle which has repeated since the beginning.

I love this game, this is just another bump in the road.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
"You always do this to yourself." would be my comment to CIG.

Personally, I don't care how they do their development progress tracking. The Road Map could be just the next upcoming patch for all I care.

But when you start hyping things and put them on your map, you'll get the same result if you are unable to deliver.

I mean ... How many CIG videos now talk about this years "journey towards Pyro"?

Guess what. It will probably be delayed for another 18 months and by December people with be crying because CIG spent all year hyping that "it's coming soonTM".

It's a never ending cycle of self mutilation.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
We just had a massive group in discord play Xenothreat... and nobody was crying about how horrible some roadmap was, everybody had a great time.

Like I said in my latest video, this is the normal cycle which has repeated since the beginning.

I love this game, this is just another bump in the road.
This is the way :o7:

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
umm, it's been 2 days. Let's wait a month or two to see if it has an impact on things. Right now, I could not tell you either way based on their funding map.
I'd say in this case its not about the money. Its more a matter of principle.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Wait, you actually paid in money?! I paid in beer. . . DAMN IT I WANT MY BEER BACK, go piss it out and distill it, I'm sure its worth something after fermenting in your kidneys for 6 years.

Reactions: Rear_Intruder
Forgot your password?