[VIDEO] Sea of Thieves - Test Squadron Sets Sail

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
cool video

what is the state of group missions in SC?

edit: and, first!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Thank you to @Fin_Corso and @LoicFarris for showing me the ropes tonight. good times!! 🍻
It was loads of fun man! I consider this game... "What TEST Squadron does on Shore Leave" Just pretend we're in a small, un-polluted pocket of Hurston playing Pirates while our ships are being detailed. 😜

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
cool video

what is the state of group missions in SC?

edit: and, first!
As far as I know nothing's changed with regard to group missions. You can grab bunkers together, however you split the already limited profits. So far I'm struggling to get the bunkers to appear for me at all. But I intend to start running more and more missions to see if there's a progression that's been added in. I've been taking a small break waiting for the next small patch in the hopes that it fixes some of the bugs I've been struggling with.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
As far as I know nothing's changed with regard to group missions. You can grab bunkers together, however you split the already limited profits. So far I'm struggling to get the bunkers to appear for me at all. But I intend to start running more and more missions to see if there's a progression that's been added in. I've been taking a small break waiting for the next small patch in the hopes that it fixes some of the bugs I've been struggling with.
Some of the server side crashes have been fixed, you can generally try mining as long as you're not in ArcCorp's moons, they still seem to have issues.

Some things I found workarounds for in the last 2 weeks:
  • Elevators - I'm combining fixes for 3 or 4 problems here. Let the door close, and re-open it. Always. If you run in without doing that, you have a high chance of finding yourself falling through whatever is behind the door. This might also have the same cause of falling through hanger floors, but I have no good way of testing that. At least you landed, so you''ll appear in a HAB. I hope.
  • If the security force in Lorville starts griefing each other, then my best advice is don't let one of them shoot you, because that seems to be a condition the AI can't deal with properly.
  • If you die or can't breathe going into a tram, wear your spacesuit next time, CIG seems to have defined pathways of interlocking atmosphere inside city structures, and it doesn't always line up properly.
  • If you ever experienced a bump while moving in SC, slow your speed so your character is walking. Even stubbing your toe on a collision surface can cause you to bleed to death. Walking seems to limit the amount of damage you receive... sometimes. It seems to happen a lot in ArcCorp.
That's all I can remember right now. there's a pattern if you notice. Port Olisar is relatively (but not quite) safe. Lorville is dangerous, but usually manageable. ArcCorp and it's moons are difficulties. In all 3 areas, CIG is using a different software development pattern. In the case of ArcCorp, I would say it is simply so new that not all the bugs and issues have been identified by the dev team. They need people testing and stressing the system.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Some of the server side crashes have been fixed, you can generally try mining as long as you're not in ArcCorp's moons, they still seem to have issues.

Some things I found workarounds for in the last 2 weeks:
  • Elevators - I'm combining fixes for 3 or 4 problems here. Let the door close, and re-open it. Always. If you run in without doing that, you have a high chance of finding yourself falling through whatever is behind the door. This might also have the same cause of falling through hanger floors, but I have no good way of testing that. At least you landed, so you''ll appear in a HAB. I hope.
  • If the security force in Lorville starts griefing each other, then my best advice is don't let one of them shoot you, because that seems to be a condition the AI can't deal with properly.
  • If you die or can't breathe going into a tram, wear your spacesuit next time, CIG seems to have defined pathways of interlocking atmosphere inside city structures, and it doesn't always line up properly.
  • If you ever experienced a bump while moving in SC, slow your speed so your character is walking. Even stubbing your toe on a collision surface can cause you to bleed to death. Walking seems to limit the amount of damage you receive... sometimes. It seems to happen a lot in ArcCorp.
That's all I can remember right now. there's a pattern if you notice. Port Olisar is relatively (but not quite) safe. Lorville is dangerous, but usually manageable. ArcCorp and it's moons are difficulties. In all 3 areas, CIG is using a different software development pattern. In the case of ArcCorp, I would say it is simply so new that not all the bugs and issues have been identified by the dev team. They need people testing and stressing the system.
Yeah, look like you've figured out workarounds for a lot of the stuff I'm struggling with. I'm also confused / frustrated with the in-ability to get bunker missions and the twitch mission never or hardly ever appearing. Do you have any idea about that?

Forgot your password?