[Video] Star Wars: Squadrons w/ full VR cockpit (A-Wing)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I've just been getting my VR space legs in Squadrons and I figured the stuff I was capturing for tactics review ended up looking pretty damn sweet, so I decided to start posting some of it for the world to enjoy. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to fly the little A-Wing fighter model that I had sitting in a place of pride above my desk...and now I have. Enjoy! I hope you are as thrilled by the experience as I was.

Star Wars: Squadrons Dogfight @Galitan w/ full VR cockpit and a bit of spicy flying (No commentary)

Last edited:

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
My son bought it - I really did. He is not that impressed with it... today's generation I suppose. This is way below EA with their marking and such. Quality is a grade C at best - My opinion.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
My son bought it - I really did. He is not that impressed with it... today's generation I suppose. This is way below EA with their marking and such. Quality is a grade C at best - My opinion.
Are you rocking flat-screen or VR? The game definitely wouldn't hold much of my interest in flatworld for sure, but they managed to do something special with VR and the sense of presence if you have your HOTAS set up just so. Then again, a huge part of that is likely nostalgia...Then again again, I've now flown an X-Wing down the back of a Star Destroyer and the nostalgia smells gooood!

🍻

Reactions: Ayeteeone

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Then again again, I've now flown an X-Wing down the back of a Star Destroyer and the nostalgia smells gooood!
Well... I can't say, but really it seems to be the Atari version of 2020. They (EA) have got to start somewhere, but its not worth $39.00, maybe $9.00. I am glad you enjoy it... all I can say it (VR) is going to get better each year. VR is like the 386 processor was, the future holds the Pentium, i5 to i9. We live in amazing times.

Reactions: Michael

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Well... I can't say, but really it seems to be the Atari version of 2020. They (EA) have got to start somewhere, but its not worth $39.00, maybe $9.00. I am glad you enjoy it... all I can say it (VR) is going to get better each year. VR is like the 386 processor was, the future holds the Pentium, i5 to i9. We live in amazing times.
The flatscreen version is definitely not a full-price triple A production, for sure, but if you haven't played it in VR yet then you haven't played it as the Devs intended. Freakin MAGIC. While the future MAY hold better VR stuff, the present has got some cool stuff to enjoy as well if you're willing to fiddle with it. Then again, not everybody has to love what I love. Live and let game! 🍻

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
My Quest 2 arrives in 8 days, Ive been holding off on playing through the story line until it arrives.

• o7

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
My Quest 2 arrives in 8 days, Ive been holding off on playing through the story line until it arrives.
It's actually quite good and the lore is pretty accurate if you care about that sort of thing. It didn't really feel mailed in as much as I was expecting an EA single player experience to be. I think I'm about half way through at this point and it has been pretty fun so far

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
Story wise I would give it 3 out of 5 stars cause it definitely could have been better. I've been playing it in VR since launch, and because of the VR I'm going to have to give it a full 5 out of 5 for gameplay immersion.

I will say though, they need more battle modes other than dogfight and fleet battle. Game mode and cosmetics/upgrades feel quite barebones.

Forgot your password?