[Video] Will Bethesda push Elder Scrolls VI for a 2019 release?

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Id be very surprised if they rushed ES6.....Todd Howard was clear that they wanted a new IP (Starfield) to fill the gap while working on ES6. And its well into a playable state.
Even with fallout backlash i cant see them rushing that

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I think 2020 might be optimistic TBH. It’s the title they can’t afford to fuck up. Skyrim continues to generate sales for years after release due to strong mod / community support.

Reactions: Scape

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Id be very surprised if they rushed ES6.....Todd Howard was clear that they wanted a new IP (Starfield) to fill the gap while working on ES6. And its well into a playable state.
Even with fallout backlash i cant see them rushing that
Given the interview he did recently I'd be shocked to see ES6 in less than 2-3 years.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Personally, I am about done with Bethesda. They had some good games, but they've been on autodrive for the past several releases. FO76 was a bomb, FO4 was ok, but no where near as good as FO:NV. Skyrim is...well it's hard to say. I loved it, but I'm not sure how much that had to do with Bethesda making it great, or the modders improving what they had. I wouldn't even say Skyrim is their best story, Morrowind was far better.

They're going to need a new engine and some serious improvements for me to even bothering getting ES VI. And either way, I'm not falling for the trap of preordering it just because it's Bethesda, their name really no longer carries the weight it once did for me.

AZIrishX

Vice Admiral
Jan 5, 2019
RSI Handle
AZIrishX
If it does come out, I hope they put their money where their mouth is and make it cross-platform with console and PC. There are no more excuses now that Xbox supports keyboard and mouse.

Reactions: August and Scape

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Oh, I hope they use Creation Engine again and reuse all the textures from the old Skyrim and release TES6 in 2011.
Wait, that's FO76.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Personally, I am about done with Bethesda. They had some good games, but they've been on autodrive for the past several releases. FO76 was a bomb, FO4 was ok, but no where near as good as FO:NV. Skyrim is...well it's hard to say. I loved it, but I'm not sure how much that had to do with Bethesda making it great, or the modders improving what they had. I wouldn't even say Skyrim is their best story, Morrowind was far better.

They're going to need a new engine and some serious improvements for me to even bothering getting ES VI. And either way, I'm not falling for the trap of preordering it just because it's Bethesda, their name really no longer carries the weight it once did for me.
I agree Morrowind's story was better and I enjoyed Oblivion a great deal more then Skyrim. I have to wonder if this is the fate of all great studios, they are very successful and then over time they loose all of their star talent and then end up with those who milk it until there is nothing left.

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Ya, because Bethesda fast-tracking anything is going to end up well... *cough 76* I really hope they learn from their mistakes and restructure some and get act together. But I think I'm mostly done with Bethesda now. Ball is in their court to release something amazing to change my mind.

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Unfortunately this has become all to common for gaming companies, look at some of the top titles out this past year that flopped, FO76, BF5, No Mans Sky, and of course 2017 there were a bunch also, it has gotten to the point where companies put out unfinished products because lets face it we as a gaming community still buy it based on the companies reputation and lack of alternatives in the market, we are either sold on the idea that hey its Bethesda, EA, BioWare etc... its going to be good! or were so bored that were willing to try anything to pass the time, either way they make record profits selling sub AAA games even though they are AAA brands. In the end its our fault, the consumers, when were willing to spend $$$ before the game launches based on pre-order merchandise or early access then we are half the problem until we as a community of consumers stop buying unfinished and subpar games they will continue this trend.

As far as Elder Scrolls goes I can honestly say it will most likely not be up to our standards, if they decide to force this game its going to be subpar that's the bottom line, will people still buy it? Of course we will because were morons who will buy just about anything to fill our time slots and needs for that addiction we call gaming.
hA864F6E2.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?