[Video] - Youtuber says Star Citizen backers are manipulated!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
It is madness to spend thousands on a video game, I have done it I agree. If the game was actually out you wouldn't do it, because you could work to obtain them in game. The irony is most of what I have purchased probably wont be playable for some years ahead. Barring a few you also do not spend thousands in one go, you buy one ship then a few months later another. I know I have no need at all for the ships I own and each additional purchase will decrease the value of my existing purchases. I pray for this game to release to end this merry go round.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I know it seems that way, but looking at the current roadmap, we might see the game landing in 2020. That would be about right. Six years for a video game of this scope is pretty quick.
Indeed but I wouldn't put the start of this project timer from their kickstarter but from two years ago when they brought it all in house. So I feel while they are quickly gobbling up tasks they are still a good 4 years away from release and possibly 3 years from a stable beta. They really had a rocky start to the project and most of it was due to the huge success of this project which drastically changed the scope. I am much happier with the current scope and willing to wait for its release even thought the original scope wasn't bad. After all we went from a freelancer reskin to a whole new game. Went form third party development studios doing an adequate job to pulling the project in house hiring the staff and building the needed tools.

So while I joke about great grand kids being able to play my more realistic expectation is 4 more years to release and two to three for a mostly complete game.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
This is just a prime example of the victim mentality that has become unreasonably popular since the advent of social media and the resulting justice warriors. People started receiving positive feedback from society once they entered the "victim" status. Suddenly, thousands would rally behind them. It became the preferred situation to be in.

If you were normal and without problems, you had your usual handful of friends. If you were a victim though, the sky was the limit. You suddenly had tons of people offering support. They would hang on your every word and anything you write would earn the response "they're so brave" and "they're my hero". They could do no wrong and everyone would just fall in line and become a card toting member of the pity party.

With all this victim idolism, it's no surprise that others strive to be victims too. Why settle for an average life when you can have your 5 minutes of fame as the latest victim of the latest issue. The way things are now, just do a quick search and you will find a dozen ways that you can stake your claim as a victim. Media outlets jumped into it with both feet as well. They found that they could get their views by simply deifying the latest victim. They could also double down and point out to everyone ways to be considered a victim.

That's where drivel like Downward Thrust comes in. They're just trying to catch the fever of the latest victim mentality. They do it in the same way as any other. They abandon fact. They twist logic. They use phrases and buzzwords that are designed to generate emotion instead of provoking thought. You want to talk about manipulation? You'd better look a little closer to home...

Honestly, that's why I can't take anyone seriously that jumps on this (or any other) victimological bandwagon. If they fail to realize that the story that brought them to their conclusions actually used infinitely more manipulation than the issue they're pointing out, then they don't deserve credibility themselves.
Hey, how do I get some of that sweet victim action, because every time I try this happens:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqAkUXKT5Y

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Hey, how do I get some of that sweet victim action, because every time I try this happens:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqAkUXKT5Y
That shit always makes me laugh. There are so many videos that play out the same story. Some preppy SJW adamantly tells a random white guy that he was privileged. Like that kid has any idea what the real world is like or has a single clue what hardships that person has been through.

Poverty doesn't care what color your skin is or what your gender is. Here's the thing though, neither does hard work. The secret to success doesn't lay with your race, religion, gender status, or anything other than one thing. You need to work harder and smarter than everyone else. That's the secret. There are no shortcuts. There is no easy way. That's it. You just need to want it more. You need to put in the work.

I could give you my life's history, tell you how hard my life has been, and how much shit I have had to deal with, but it doesn't matter. Everyone's either been through, or currently in the process of going through said shit. That's the part that these kids don't understand. Everyone has issues. You can cry and blame everyone else, or you can stand up, wipe your nose, rub some dirt in it, and get to work.

TLDR: "Back in my day, we had to pick up shit with our bare hands!"

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?