Virpil Constellation scroll wheel

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Hey, anyone know where I would adjust scroll wheel speed? I have it bound to SCM, but it moves so slowly.
Tried looking for adjustments in game, and virpil software. Thanks

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
The problem is that the software treats the scroll wheel as two buttons, no different than hitting w or s. I finally got tired of bending my thumb and switched to using the analog thumb stick for ship speed settings. It's not as precise but is much quicker for that application.

If you find a better answer @Texelis please post it up here!

For the mining laser I use the lower analog lever on the right hand, which leaves the left free to hit consumables, adjust distance, ship functions etc.

Context: Dual stick Virpil Alpha's.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
The problem is that the software treats the scroll wheel as two buttons, no different than hitting w or s.
Arg! ok, thanks for the info. That seems lazy from virpil considering the other control options. I posted on virpils sub, let you know if I fined a work around

I also tried binding the thumb stick to cameras, but it's so sensitive! hard to control.
I want thumb stick less sensitive, and scroll wheel more sensitive. Doesn't seem like much of an ask for a $600 joystick

Reactions: Ayeteeone

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
You can try adjusting curves in the game under Settings-Controls-(select Hotas on bottom right)- +Flight.
It probably won't help with the scroll wheel cos as far as I understand from @Ayeteeone that it's only two buttons and not a real Axis.
It may be useful for the thumb stick look mode.

On my Gladiator NXT I use the thumbrest hat switch forw-back on the side of the stick for limiter adjustment and the click-in to toggle Cruise control. It might not be the best for precise fast adjustments in combat but it's very convenient in general.

Also note, on mine the analog thumb stick is treated as a 6 button hat switch by default unless I click it in, then it changes modes to a 2 axis analog stick. Dunno if virpil does this too?
It's currently set up for doing up down and strafing, but I want to set it to look around also as I can't be bothered to set up my webcam and have my lights on for head tracking. I thought I was gonna be fine without looking around until I started playing DCS, now I'm missing it a lot. Sadly the automated head movement in SC is just pure cancer, first thing I do is turn all of it off every patch.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
You can try adjusting curves in the game under Settings-Controls-(select Hotas on bottom right)- +Flight.
I tried that for the thumb stick, both in game and software, but I couldn't lower sensitivity. I identified axis, lowered everything, adjusted curves, it made no change unfortunately.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?