VIRPIL restock is in just a few hours

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
Ordered last restock. Still not here. Been thru 7 T16000s so will be nice to have durability

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I have about $300 worth of sticks from them with no goddamn way to use them.(need bases) Fuckin restock better be significant this time because they sold out in minutes or some shit last time.

Edit: Holyshitballs. Had to use a friggin Croatian VPN server to get the site to load. Got my damn bases ordered tho.....hell yeah.

Last edited:

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
You shouldn't have ordered grips without bases. I waited 2 restocks to get mine last time. The discount when getting them together is large. Bases are still in stock as of this post

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
LOL you stalk this Virpil company. Are these things really that good?
I don't have a setup yet, but my plan is for a pair of the Connie Deltas. I love the thumbwheel throttle, lighting, and from years past, I do prefer metal sticks that are sprung properly. There is a huge variety of capability that comes from these based on how well they are designed and from what those here say, these are about the best.

I don't stalk them. Just casually hopped over because I was wondering about fitting them to the little desk on the Altwork Station.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't have a setup yet, but my plan is for a pair of the Connie Deltas. I love the thumbwheel throttle, lighting, and from years past, I do prefer metal sticks that are sprung properly. There is a huge variety of capability that comes from these based on how well they are designed and from what those here say, these are about the best.

I don't stalk them. Just casually hopped over because I was wondering about fitting them to the little desk on the Altwork Station.

Id be interested in getting a set of nice sticks in the future ive never used joysticks my whole life so i didnt spend a big penny on them yet i need to practice with garbage ones first then maybe move to something nice if i like them.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is anyone using a laser keyboard? Seems might be fun.
I've used one, not recently though and it was in an office setting with a laptop. It worked pretty well, but there was a bit of a comfort curve. You miss the speed and tactile response of a keyboard for sure, and it wasn't quite portable and standard office clutter sometimes caused big problems.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So how do I attach Virpils to this, and what do they need, USB 3.0 inputs?

I'm thinking of putting a Thinkcenter in the chair, so I can hide the wires, have just one wire out to the monitor and use wireless keyboard and mouse. Apparently this cheap computer will run Shadow, so. . .I don't even need a Macbook Air. This is cheaper.

What am I missing here? I chose the Thinkcenter because it has lots of USB Inputs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So how do I attach Virpils to this, and what do they need, USB 3.0 inputs?

I'm thinking of putting a Thinkcenter in the chair, so I can hide the wires, have just one wire out to the monitor and use wireless keyboard and mouse. Apparently this cheap computer will run Shadow, so. . .I don't even need a Macbook Air. This is cheaper.

What am I missing here? I chose the Thinkcenter because it has lots of USB Inputs.
The Lenovo ThinkCenter is actually not a bad idea in some circumstances. The i3 is kind of low end and this is also refurbished inventory, not new so your mileage may vary.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My bad. I thought that one was an i5. Rather go for something like this, though I don't know if I need to pull the HD for a fast SSD. The main thing is it has enough connections--I think. If the sticks use USB, well, this has 6 of them.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What do sticks need to plug in, USB?
Not all of them need USB but most do, and it turns out to be the most portable format. If you're worried about the availability of USB plugs on your chosen platform, just know that the number of USB ports is not really that big an issue.
One solution provider you might be interested in is

I use one of their devices for 4 additional USB ports on the front of my PC and both laptops. ( same device... I take it with me for when I need one.) I also use a device called a KVM that allows me to use 1 video, 1 keyboard/mouse, and add multiple USB ports that can be shared between 4 computers.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Actually I'm looking at the ThinkCenter micro mini and attaching it and the sticks to the chair itself (perhaps along with some shake-your-booty transducers). It has 6 USBs and an HDMI. I'm happy to run the keyboard and mouse wirelessly, but needed to know there isn't some other standard for the sticks, since I haven't used one in more than 20 years.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
20 years... USB 1.1, so you're good. Speed changed a lot (in an upward direction), and device support is a lot better.

Just be aware, some of the 20-somethings in SC have brutal reaction times in combat. They have no strategy, and their tactics are often the same fight to fight, but man, they can make you work for everything.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
20 years... USB 1.1, so you're good. Speed changed a lot (in an upward direction), and device support is a lot better.

Just be aware, some of the 20-somethings in SC have brutal reaction times in combat. They have no strategy, and their tactics are often the same fight to fight, but man, they can make you work for everything.
That's why there are also aliens to purge!

Forgot your password?