VIRPIL restock is in just a few hours

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
20 years... USB 1.1, so you're good. Speed changed a lot (in an upward direction), and device support is a lot better.

Just be aware, some of the 20-somethings in SC have brutal reaction times in combat.
No, no. I'm not going to use a 20 year-old stick! I like the VIRPILs. I'm just saying, I don't want to buy a micro-mini i5 'puter to attach to the chair and then find I can't plug the sticks in. If they use USB's, should be fine. Thing is you can't add an IO card to that form factor, so I need to know what the sticks require and the VIRPIL site doesn't say.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
No, no. I'm not going to use a 20 year-old stick! I like the VIRPILs. I'm just saying, I don't want to buy a micro-mini i5 'puter to attach to the chair and then find I can't plug the sticks in. If they use USB's, should be fine. Thing is you can't add an IO card to that form factor, so I need to know what the sticks require and the VIRPIL site doesn't say.
I was not saying you should use 20 year old tech. I was saying, what you understand about USB has not significantly changed since you used it last - 20 years ago. Your own description of when you last used it.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Okay so, there are no HDMI outputs on the micro-mini form factor PCs. That sucks. I suppose I could look for a way to attach a docking station for an 11" MacBook Air to the back of the monitor and just drop it in each day when I get home from work? Anyone ever use a docking station?

Could be I will end up with a used gaming PC. . .oh bother.

--------------------------------------

So, on to share some serious intel for those with an interest:

If you love your sticks but hate your wires, you'll be interested in this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-53140-Wireless-USB-Starter-Kit-Basic/dp/B001QU2WI6

I am clueless how one would stop a pair of these interfering with each other, so if any of the 'puter wizards here want to chime in, please do. Could be that when you assign functions to stick this sorts itself out, but I have no clue.

Also, f you aren't in love with the VIRPILs nor even the Thrustmasters, and are constantly seeking new options, please anyone tell us what you think of this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/829866-REG/Cyborg_CCB883910S02_04_1_F_L_Y_9_Wireless_Flight.html/?ap=y&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpsLkBRDpARIsAKoYI8wHSZqI5ymCQR9OZvWXYxj3wHJtscmwqY7PfiHEGppDzysRd8CBvIkaAhpLEALw_wcB&lsft=BI:514&smp=Y

This above is the better description, but this below is the better (read AMAZING!) price:

https://rankshops.com/products/ps3-cyborg-fly-9-premium-wireless-flight-stick?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpsLkBRDpARIsAKoYI8wDIEpgRGyMIfQUm349nkuLkXfutSqpR-kHjGCF-6SNQrN5cs30lfYaAs6dEALw_wcB

I am looking for a wireless solution, and I will own that these absurdly cheap sticks offer two things I want: easy mounting to the RockerX chair arms, and easy adjustment to fit the position on the chair arm. I don't especially love the look, but what do I care so long as it is comfortable and kills things really good? Just I don't know what the PC would make of two identical wireless sticks.

Thoughts?

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Next Virpil Restock
Date: 29th March 2019
Time: ~6am GMT

Forgot your password?