VIRPIL throttle issues

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
Whenever I'm flying my thrust will simply die and the only way I can get it back up is hitting escape or F4. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

It is currently at Forward (abs) because I want it to go back to 0 when all the way back.

P.S. I'd rather avoid the whole Throttle Gremlin/ Vjoy suggestions, it's setup is just too involved to get everything to work properly. I'm waiting on CIG to update the keyboard bindings.

Reactions: Doyzer

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I have a similar issues with throttle (CM2) after I use space brake. The throttle is non responsive until I hit f4. No clue why either.

Reactions: KuruptU4Fun

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I have a similar issues with throttle (CM2) after I use space brake. The throttle is non responsive until I hit f4. No clue why either.
So the issue seems to be with the spacebrake, it's an all or nothing situation, and can't be attached to a slider to turn it on and off but continue to move forward. Until that changes we're stuck with it. It's apparently been an issue since 3.16.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
What do you have your throttle at to go to full throttle down to where it stops if your throttle is halfway down instead of just going all the way to 0 or start to go into reverse?
Untitled.png

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
What do you have your throttle at to go to full throttle down to where it stops if your throttle is halfway down instead of just going all the way to 0 or start to go into reverse?
View attachment 25289
1701658756412.png

I have a seperate button for reverse. My throttle on CM2 is set 0 to 100. Weird how we use different inputs.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
No not really, I was mapping out almost every other button I have on my setup and somehow erased those when it came to flight controls. Now it's onto mapping on-foot and EVA to HOTAM.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I have a seperate button for reverse. My throttle on CM2 is set 0 to 100. Weird how we use different inputs.
I appreciate the response but this doesn't solve the problem though, their is either full forward thrust (100%) or absolutely none (0%). Even if I have my throttle physically halfway between 0-100 it doesn't respond and just goes all the way back to 0.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
It is Christmas time, and I want to ask for high-end joystick controllers because my x55 is on its last legs. So, I am looking at a VKB Gunfighter 4 right and a gladiator EVO left or... one Virpil constellation + WarBRD base. I've only been flying with one joystick... is the second joystick worth it? Thoughts on virpil vs vkb and one joystick vs two?

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It is Christmas time, and I want to ask for high-end joystick controllers because my x55 is on its last legs. So, I am looking at a VKB Gunfighter 4 right and a gladiator EVO left or... one Virpil constellation + WarBRD base. I've only been flying with one joystick... is the second joystick worth it? Thoughts on virpil vs vkb and one joystick vs two?
If the choice is down to one Virpil versus two VKBs, I’ll go with the VKBs and Im a Virpil guy!

Reactions: ColdDog
Forgot your password?