Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Twist is helpful if you don't have pedals, but it comes at the cost of making joystick movement a bit worse as there's another axis for the joystick to move in when you apply pressure. Interesting sticks, but more designed for classic flight sims than space sims, not enough buttons for modern jets/spaceships. However VKB's joysticks are traditionally the best of the best, if the gladiator pro has the same internals as their previous sticks then it's going to be pinpoint accurate!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
not enough buttons
Thats my initial thoughts too.

Tons of useful buttons are missing by your thumb which are used for cycling targets, nearest enemy, balancing power, missile lock and fire... none of it exists on that stick.

Reactions: AstroSam

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Tons of useful buttons are missing by your thumb which are used for cycling targets, nearest enemy, balancing power, missile lock and fire... none of it exists on that stick.
There are rumours that you can use the warthog stick on the VKB gimbals to get what is possibly the best setup available... if you are willing to buy 2 of the most expensive sticks available (and an extra mod chip) just to get 1 setup that is!

Edit: only for the gladiator pro, and even then not confirmed, though apparently the future VKB gunslinger will be compatible.

Reactions: AstroSam

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I bought the gladiator one, should arrive tomorrow. Planning to use it as main stick with T16000m as left stick.
Will let you know how it is :)

Reactions: Lienna

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I bought the gladiator one, should arrive tomorrow. Planning to use it as main stick with T16000m as left stick.
Will let you know how it is :)
From what I understand that's probably the best HOSAS setup available at the moment outside of having to do a complete left-handed customization of a stick, should serve you very well!

Reactions: Doggen

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Looks really nice. Pity they're pure flight sim design. If only they would make a space sim one. That would be drool.

Forgot your password?